• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Kingston Hyperx + OCZ Platinum! please help a me!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mistah

Hi all,

I Currently have 2 sticks of kingston hyperX KHX64000D2LL/1gn stock 2.0v.
I have purcashed 2 sticks of Ocz ocz2p800r22gk, which says stock 1.8v.

When I put the OCZ into my system, my mobo wont Post, and I get the mem error beep code.

I have removed the kingston ram and the system boots up fine with the ocz, Therefore my question is are these compatible?

is the volatage or latencies causing the problem?

is there a way i can reduce the kingston vcore so it ran with the ocZ?

Thank-you in advance

P.S. If these are not compatible and i will sell the OCZ as it seems slower, is this correct? as I always thought OCZ was superior.

Asus P5KPL EPU
Q6600
X1950 PRO

Install only the KHX in the two yellow slots (DIMM_A1 and DIMM_B1), then boot to the BIOS. Change Ai Overclocking to Manual, then adjust Memory Over Voltage to 2.0V using the +/- keys on the keypad. The default DRAM voltage is 1.85V, and the Memory Over Voltage option increases the over voltage in increments of 0.00625V. Save and exit, then shutdown and install the remaining sticks of OCZ in the two black slots (DIMM_A2 and DIMM_B2).

The OCZ is rated at 1.9-2.1V, otherwise I wouldn't have suggested an increase to 2.0V.

Firstly, thank you for the suggestion, however, i still get beeping errors when i change the mem over volatage to 2.0v, I was wondering how is it that the mobo is setting the vcore too low, if im able to boot with just ocz ram and the stock vcore of 1.85v?

Any more help would be greatly appreciated. :)

With just two modules installed, change Configure DRAM Timing by SPD to Manual, and change the four primary timings to 5-5-5-15 w/ Memory Over Voltage at 2.0V. Also change NB Over Voltage from Auto to 1.35-1.40V, then reinstall the remaining two modules.

Back