• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Kingston HyperX PC3000 BH-5?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rabbi

Kingston HyperX PC3000 BH-5 with NF7-S Rev2?

Hi,
I want to buy 2x512MB modules that can do 230+FSB.
I can get 512MB DDR370 HyperX modules (KHX3000), what is the chance of these being BH-5 and will they work in Dual Channel?
It's not a Dual Channel Kit, and none are available for these modules in my area.

My options are:
2x512 DDR370 HyperX (KHX3000/512)
2x512 DDR400 HyperX Dual Channel Kit (KHX3200AK2/1G)
2x512 DDR433 HyperX Dual Channel Kit (KHX3500K2/1G)

All help would be GREATLY appreciated!
Cheers in advance :D

Last edited:
KHX3000 is mostly BH-5...(some people get BH-6)

BH-5

CH-5

Last edited:
Rabbi said:
Hi,
I want to buy 2x512MB modules that can do 230+FSB.
I can get 512MB DDR370 HyperX modules (KHX3000), what is the chance of these being BH-5 and will they work in Dual Channel?
It's not a Dual Channel Kit, and none are available for these modules in my area.

My options are:

All help would be GREATLY appreciated!
Cheers in advance :D
The HyperX 3000 is not guaranteed to be BH5, but the other two are guaranteed not to be BH5. It doesn't matter if it's a dual channel kit or not, just buy both sticks from the same vendor at the same time. And just because a module is BH5, there is no guarantee that 512's are going to do 460+MHz. They may, but you better know what you are doing and bring plenty of voltage. The 256's tolerate this type of situation better.

Thanks for the help :D

I've heard the KHX3000/512 HyperX PC3000 comes in either BH-5 or BH-6.
The modules I'm looking at buying are rated 2-2-2-6 @ DDR370.
Even if they are BH-6, what is the average overclock people are getting with them at 2.9 VDimm?

I really doubt that they will be BH6, as BH6 has been out of production for a long time. But in my experience BH6 is essentially as capable as BH5. Either is better than the alternative (CH5).

Thanks lava! :D

have you, or anyone for that matter, had any experience running KHX3000/512 on an Abit NF7-S Rev2?

I've heard they may have a compatibility issue... if they do I will go for mushkin level 2...

I don't build AMD systems, but I have seen many reports of HyperX 3000 being used with NF7 motherboards. Feel free to read around in the AMD CPU and m/b sections and see for yourself though; NF7 is anything but a subject on which I am an expert on.

Knowing the chip a memory module carries 99% of the time tells you all there is to know about it. If one BH5 is "compatible" with a given motherboard any will be. The only exception might be in the contents of the spd and its cooperation with the board's bios, but if you are doing much you are setting the timing values manually and this really isn't an issue of import.

And while the Mushkin level 2 stuff is good (because it is BH5), it is also essentially interchangeable with HyperX 3000 or 3200 (non-A), or Corsair XMS3500, et al (because it is BH5). Sure you might pick up a little by switching from HyperX3000 to Mushkin Level 2, but then again you might pick up some from switching from one particular pair of HyperX to another.

I think the type of reports you mention translated into english read like this: "I didn't get as good of results as I had wanted, and since the real reasons aren't known to me I'm going to vaguely call it a compatiblity issue".

larva,
thanks again for taking the time bro... appreciated!
Yeah, i've posted in 3 abit forums already but haven't had many replies at all... and those that have replied seem to be limited to 215-220FSB with this RAM on NF7-S boards.

I used to have a Gigabyte 7N400-Pro2 that could run 220FSB with cheap Samsung TCCC CAS3 memory and the limiting factor was my motherboard not the RAM (due to NO chipset voltage options).

The reason I'm doing this research is I want to KNOW that my RAM wont be the limiting factor in FSB overclocking... I know overclocking is never garaunteed but it doesnt hurt to cover as many bases as possible.

Thanks to all for the feedback.. please keep posting bout experience with this RAM and/or this RAM + NF7-S

Cheers :D

The Hyper-X/NF7 problem has since been fixed by Abit through BIOS updates. As for experience, I have the HyperX 3200 Non-A, which is similar to the 3000 since they both come with BH5 chips. Right now, my mem is running at DDR430 @ 2.7 VDimm. I havent tried to pucsh my overclock any further yet because I want to upgrade my NB/SB/Mofset/Vid cooling before I really try and hit the ceiling.

I know its not in your list but some Mushkin while expensive will get you BH-5 and 2,2,2,X guaranteed at those speeds (or at least 2,3,3,7 or better). Just thought I'd throw that out there. :)

Back