• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Koolance EXOS vs. Cooler Master Aquagate

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
a thermaltake aquarius sucks because its got a small radiator

and therefore so does the coolermaster aquagate

if the koolance didn't have its bigger radiator, it would suck as bad, (maybe a bit better, but not much)

but i bet with 200 bucks you could do better than that

_

CircuitBreaker8 said:
My case is a midtower...i have two 80mm fans in front, one in the back, and one on top. I guess I could use the front two to cool the rad, but a i need a dual 80mm radiator....would those cool good?

Liquid_Cooling_002b.jpg

Liquid_Cooling_011.jpg

The 80mm rads do a good but not great job. As you can tell from my sig I'm cooling a P4 3.0E which runs hot already. at Idol I'm getting 41c. At load I'm getting 47c-49c depending on how hot the room is. I live in Southern California so it gets pretty hot in the afternoon. Those temps are with the video card and NB in the same loop all being cooled with the 80mm rads.

You can always put one 80mm rad on the top blowhole and another on the back blowhole and have them suck air in and turn the fans around on the front of your case and have them push air out. Or get a new case that will fit whatever you want in it. In the setup you see in the pics the back fans suck cool air in over the rads and the two front fans push air out. Since hot air raises the PSU exhaust air doesn’t get in the way of the back rads. I have a Vantec tornado for the bottom front fan. When I really need to push air out I crank that bad boy up. It gets loud when cranked up though, but it sure pushes out that hot air.

I'm about to build another setup as soon as my new case arrives. I'm getting a huge Lian-Li 7323 and adding a Black Ice Extreme II dual 120mm rad to the top of the case to pull air in to cool the CPU then I'll run the water to the two 80mm rads you see in the pictures to cool the water again before going to the NB and VGA. Those will also suck air in from the same position as the current case. The case will have another two 80mm fans on the back and two more up front that will suck air out.

fafnir said:
i can beat everyone's best waterblock designs here using by using a bigger radiator than them

i can beat cathar and his cascade, macci with his compressor, 500 people from japan and their liquid nitrogen with a bigger radiator ( oh yeah, and a 5000 watt heat load )

ANYONE, as long as i've got a bigger radiator

your getting a tad bit carried away

fafnir said:
a thermaltake aquarius sucks because its got a small radiator
My, but we are very fond of grandiose, sweeping statements, aren't we?
As it happens, my system is based on an Aquarius kit.
It's been somewhat modified, but humorously, the radiator is untouched.
idle.jpg

Folding.jpg

mini-SPKTH2O.jpg

Granted, I'm sure that with your propensity towards infinitely large radiators you can better my temps, but at what cost...financial and complexity?
How good is good enough?
An individual decision, to be sure.

@CircuitBreaker,
I would suggest that you pick a target range for your temps and then build to attain it.
If you can get there with a kit, fine.
If not, fine also.
No matter what you end up with there is always an improvement that could be made.
How energetic you want to be to achieve it is up to you.

nicely said and proved clocker :)
water has its limits i believe. i dont think that a rad the size of a room in your house could get close to better temps than one of the 500 people in japan lol.
i dont think strictly water cool without a pelt or chiller of any sort could get even to 0

jenkx said:
Clocker2 How do you keep that case so cool?
It's been quite chilly and damp here the past few weeks.
Sprocket is in a north facing room on the lower level of my house and consequently sees no sun at all.
You might also note that these runs were made either early in the morning or late at night.
My temps do rise some as the heat of the days arrives ( not so much lately).
I would expect that as 90degree weather arrives that these temps will be significantly different.
Still, they are useful to prove a point.

clocker:

Having bought, used and modified another pre-built kit (the koolance pc2-601), I can appreciate where you're coming from. I'm assuming core 0 is your cpu core, which isn't too high of a voltage and wouldn't produce too much heat.

Interesting discussion though. I myself think the system isn't as dependant on the radiator as some seem to challenge. Although it is important, far more factors can weigh in heavily on a system's performance.

Doc,

Indeed, the Aquarius kit was a Xmas gift from my darling nieces.
I was secretly appalled (while outwardly pleased, of course) when they insisted that I install it posthaste.
Three days later, upon their departure, I removed it and returned to my air-cooling experiments.
Over the months I've retried it a couple of times and finally decided that the stock waterblock was the main bottleneck.
I bought the Zalman block primarily because it was easily upgradable to larger tubing and I assumed I would be going that route eventually.
I was pleasantly surprised by my immediate results and have managed to make incremental improvements as I go.

As with regular heatsinks (when, unlike the pack, I went with the Zalman 7000 instead of the hyperpraised SP Thermalright), I have experienced the automatic and virulent disdain of the elite every time I mention my system.
Frankly, the role of underdog/spoiler suits me fine.
Although I have every intention of trying larger, more powerful components as time and money allows, I would never actively discourage ( or berate) someone who expresses an interest in a kit.
They have their place.

Yes, my system is overclocked and undervolted.
Down from the default vCore of 1.65 to 1.55v
Not a huge difference, but every little bit helps.

Last edited:
Who said anything was wrong with it?
Several reviewers got (marginally) better temps from it than with the Cu version.
This may have been due to the included fans or just mounting variations.

The 7000 has my HS of choice for the last several months.

You should ask that down in the regular Cooling section as this is for H2O up here.

I'll give you hint, though.
The response will be overwhelmingly positive.

Bring the salt.

CircuitBreaker8, You're probably going to have to go with a layout similar to this:
http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=271081

And this will out perform the sp94 with a good rad, and cpu block. I'd go for the swiftech MCW6002 right now for a block. And, theres a variety of things you can do with the rad. I'd first make the blowhole on top of your case the size of a 120mm fan, though.

Last edited:
Back