• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

KS75A Periodically "forgets" hard drives

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GreyKiller2003

I have had this board in my kid's machine for a few months now, and it runs well, except for this problem: every couple of weeks, the motherboard "forgets" that there are hard drives attached to the machine!

The first time I had the problem I changed the ribbon and the hard drive, but it did not cure the problem. When I went into the BIOS, I found that the hard drive select had been reset to "no hdd".

I reset them both to "auto-detect" and the machine booted just fine. A couple of weeks later, it happened again!

Now, I seem to get this problem once or twice a month, and it is aggravating. I am not oc'ing this machine at all, and it is a real pain to keep going back in there to reset the machine.

IMPORTANT: All of my other BIOS settings remain in place! The only thing that gets reset is the auto-detect feature in the BIOS.

I am unsure of how to proceed.

I would say that the CMOS battery is weak. This motherboard is sort of famous for having been shipped with some poor batteries, and the result is strange things disappearing in the BIOS. Usually, it all goes, but it is possible only some will go, as in your case.

I suggest trying another battery.

Back