• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

KT3 Ultra2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

toxik co2

Everyone who has this board post their 'chassis' temperatures I want to see if it give a high reading for everyone. It tells me mine is 91F when that can't be right. Does anyone know if this is Northbridge or the PS. Someone help me out here.

I think tha there is something wrong with the temp sensors on my KT3 Ultra ARU, the chassis temp is ALWAYS a few degrees off from the CPU temp. I have good flow in the case and to test my theory I opened the case both panels off and the case temp was still off by a few degrees from the CPU, the case temp is always about 5 degrees F lower than the CPU temp. Any ideas what good be wrong?

Its fairly simple - the sensor is situated between the AGP and the 1st PCI slot and will be affected by the agp card. Its a really stupis place to put it but there you go.

So basically when I am playing games the vid card is heating up and b;owing warm air over the sensor:( That IS real smart:)
I had always wondered why my temps were always about the same:) Thnx.

Hmmmm, that was a REALLY strange place to put a sensor :(
I have 30C idle in my LianLi with cpu temp 35C

So when you play and the graphic card begins produce heat the chassi temps should go much higher than it really is :((

Wy do they put the friggin sensor at the agp ???

I don't have the same mobo, mine is the KT266 but my chassis temp is always around 38-40C or about 100+F. Right now I have 4 case fans and 2 in the PS if I crank the smart case fan 2s all the way up maybe it would drop to about 35C...or so it says.

77f right now but on my case i put a fan in the lower left side bottem that help a lot cpu temp 87f or if you well cpu 31c case 27c

Hmmm interesting read:

Its fairly simple - the sensor is situated between the AGP and the 1st PCI slot and will be affected by the agp card.

Eek....:eek: So how hot is too hot for this sensor, considering its location?

I ran Sandra 2003 and my CPU is at 43ºC and Mobo at 39ºC!

System:

Mobo: MSI KT3 Ultra2
CPU: AMD XP 1800+ [AIUGA 0241] @ 2.004Ghz (1.75V)
RAM: PC2700 256Mb DDR
Video: GeForce 3 Ti200 64Mb @ 200/450

Anyone get any M/B temp readings similar to mine? :(

Back