• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

KVM Switch?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

-RYknow

Just curious what the masses here are using and what you guys suggest? I don't want to break the bank on one, but I want a good, soild, and reliable switch. It needs to be USB with DVI. I had one in the past that used a button on the keyboard to switch between devices, which was ok. I see some of the switches physically have a button on the unit that you can use to switch between devices, that's fine as well. The only other thing I can think of that I would like is for the unit to be fast. I've read reviews on a few different models and it seems like there is a "lengthy" delay when switching from device to device.

Budget wise I'd like to not spend more then $75 on one. If possible to get a 4 port in that price range that would be a bonus, but I only NEED a 2 port. Also, audio isn't a big deal.

Thanks,
-RYknow

I picked up a "Avocent SwitchView DVI 4-Port KVM Switch 4SVDVI10-001", which is DVI and USB like you want. I paid around $70 for mine, but I see a few cheaper. Note there are two versions: the one with round buttons is older. You want one like this.

Thid to my rescue once again! :clap: Thanks for the input! I'll have to give it a look!

-RYknow

Back