• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

L12 mod on a 2500+ Barton?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

[KX3]rAge

Hello, I have currently got my max overclock possible (2.46Ghz on air from stock 1.83Ghz) and want to know if doing the L12 mod would help me raise my FSB even higher for a better overclock.
as of now I have a locked 2500+ (non mobile)
NF7-S rev 2.0
2x256Mhz DDR 400Mhz ram
wondering a few things about the L12 mod....
1. Would it really help my overclock?
2. Which pins do I have to bridge?
3. Is it going to raise my temps at all?
4. How risky is it?

your system config

Can you tell me what type of heatsink/fan combo you used on your proc? I have been looking into getting the same board and mobo myself and have been trying to get some answers on some possible heatsinks. I was looking into a Thermalright 800a which is all copper. I am pretty sure the model numberis correct anyway. If I did end up going this route, I still have questions on the fan I would need for that if it would be something like a case fan or what not.

Sorry, guess I had two questions: one regarding your system and a recomendation for the heatsink I was looking for. :-(

Back