• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

laptop keeps booting in asus express gate

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Express Gate is a bios setting that needs to be set to not run when the compy boots.

You can also make sure your Driver disk is not in your cd-rom. I know mine boots directly into express gate because primary boot is from cd-rom.

So it's restarting randomly? I'm not real clear what the problem is; I know you can disable ASUS Express Gate from the BIOS. It should be quick to locate.

Sounds like 2 problems.

1. Bios is configured to automatically launch express gate upon boot
2. Your laptop is crashing/restarting

If you haven't already, in computer properties go to the advanced tab, then the startup & recovery section and click settings, then under "system failure" uncheck the box for automatically restart. If you are getting a blue screen, that will make it stay on the screen so you can see what its saying.

Sounds like 2 problems.

1. Bios is configured to automatically launch express gate upon boot
2. Your laptop is crashing/restarting

If you haven't already, in computer properties go to the advanced tab, then the startup & recovery section and click settings, then under "system failure" uncheck the box for automatically restart. If you are getting a blue screen, that will make it stay on the screen so you can see what its saying.

alright, i did what you asked regarding system failure,... we will see what happens. thanks

how do i disable express gate in the bios? i cant seem to find it

It should be under the tools tab of your bios? You can set it to disabled, if its not there, your board doesn't have that option.

Hackers

I was able to get back to my desktop after restarting and hitting the F2 button. Those ASUS people are just low-life hackers! They should go to jail!

Back