• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Large Reservoir Stability?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Totally understood that it's just for the look, I'm hoping with 4x140's on each loop, I should be about as low temperature-wise as I can reasonably achieve.

The breeding pool was partially why I'm thinking to encase a chunk of the res in wood. Since that'll sound weird, some project explanation (once I get the WC parts order in, I'll spin up a proper build thread). I'm planning to design this rig based on the Telperion and Laurelin, the Two Trees of Valinor (kudos to whoever gets that reference off the top of their head), so will be trying to get one loop glowing silver and the other gold. I've been wavering between these two ideas (open to any others folks might have as well) for the res:
  • Some carving onto a wood veneer, then wrapping the veneer around the res.
  • Hollowing out two chunks of wood and leaving the res visible/backlit in areas as-if someone split open a tree (read: after Morgoth and Ungoliant slew them)
View attachment 206419

Thoughts?

Impressive!

You definitely have my interest to see how you work that out! :)

Back