• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

last minute check on new system parts...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kooshball

hey guys, after couple weeks of reading/asking, i have decided on these parts.

ASUS P4S533 Motherboard for Intel P4 478 DDR
Intel Pentium4 1.8A GHz 512K Socket 478 Processor 400MHz Processor Bus
Samsung 512MB 184pin DDR True PC2700 333MHz oem
GAINWARD/CARDEXPERT GeForce 4 Ti 4400, 3.6ns, 128MB DDR
Lite On 40X12X48 CDRW Model: RTL40125S-Retail
WD WESTERN DIGITAL "SPECIAL EDITION" 80GB 7200RPM EIDE HARD DRIVE
SONY 1.44MB 3.5 INCH INTERNAL FDD DRIVE - OEM
Lian Li Aluminum PC-65USB Mid Tower ATX Case WITH WINDOW
ENERMAX EG465P-VE(FC). 431W Power supply for AMD K7 & Pentium4
SAMSUNG SYNCMASTER 955DF 19IN COLOR MONITOR
Microsoft Intelli-Mouse Explorer Version 3.0 - OEM Version
Microsoft® Natural® Keyboard Pro with 19 hot keys and two USB ports
Arctic Silver 3 Advanced Thermal Compound, 3g Syringe

total around 1432.99.

just for the record, i will be using stock hs/fan and onboard lan and sound for now. i have a spare pair of speaker and a dvd player. everything else is needed. did i miss something?
most of these items are from newegg.com with the exception of the monitor from www.emscomputing.com, the case from big008.com, and the ram from www.essencompu.com

i realize newegg have the same ram for 25 bucks more, but they have a LIFETIME WARRANTY, something i think is very useful. should i risk it and save 25 bucks or just play it safe and getting the unlimited warranty???

please reply with all comment/suggestions.

thx!!

koosh

Just for fun add a ATI TV Wonder. William just got one recently for college. They turn your monitor into a television. I am about to go get one, mainly because I want to be able to record stuff from my tv to mpeg. The ATI TV Wonder costs $50 and $75.

Last edited:
Seriously do you need a lain li case??? Just buy the biggest full tower you can find a cut your own window, save a little there to put towards a better MoBo

koo lots of response, thx guys.
ill get the antec ps.
not so sure about the mobo. i don't think i'll need more than 150 fsb anyways. i think ill get to 2.4 at 133fab pretty easily, anything on top will be icing.
ill have to see abuot the mobo.
what about ram?? warranty or save money?
thx for all replys!!

koosh

Back