• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Last Resort: I really need help, I think the Antec 430Tru is my OC Bane!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
i hope u got the IC7 instead of the asus again. btw what happened to ur asus? i dont recall anything happening to it.

I talked to a Asus Tech and he said I should RMA it either through the vendor or through them. He told me that it shouldn't be dropping that much during full load. Also I have had it restart on me a couple times at stock settings. He wasn't able to tell me which legs to check the other voltages at so his recommendation was to RMA it.

Hmm, so you are crapping out at 235mhz on a 2.8 and 3.0? Well, a 3.0 takes more power than a 2.8 -- not much but this should buy you afew extra mhz -- so it doesnt sound like a PSU problem.

~t0m

if you droop mod the asus board and vdimm mod it, the general consenseous is that its the best mobo out there. I have had both the ic7 and the p4c800-e and while they both performed great, I got the ic7 to 309FSB and the asus to 314FSB on air. I liked them both, but I like the asus the most.

computerpro3 said:
if you droop mod the asus board and vdimm mod it, the general consenseous is that its the best mobo out there. I have had both the ic7 and the p4c800-e and while they both performed great, I got the ic7 to 309FSB and the asus to 314FSB on air. I liked them both, but I like the asus the most.

I guess I'll droop mod it as soon as I know that the board works once I get it.
I won't vdimm mod it since OCZ is coming out with their toy in a bit. How hard is the droop mod? Do you know of a good walkthrough?

the droop mod isn't hard at all if you have the right soldering iron tip. There are even alternate solder points if you feel uncomfortable soldering to the ic legs. Pretty hard to screw up. I can't link you to a guide off the top of my head, but the best info on it is over at xtremesystems.org/forums in the motherboard modding section.

edit: how high does your xl ram overclock with 2-2-2-5 timings?

I really havn't checked to see how far I could take it 1:1 at 2-2-2-5. I know I can take it to at least 215 at 1:1 though. I've mainly pushed it at a 5:4, but then again I can and should be able to take it to 250fsb at 2-2-2-5 at 5:4 since that's basically it's default rating 250=400mhz at 5:4. So I'm not really sure how far I can push it. Maybe I'll find out if get my volts above 2.85.

u know for high fsb 1:1 the corsair is not the best choice especuially if u plan to go over 250fsb. the corsair runs out of breath at 250 and beyond that its not even worth mentioning (according to anandtech). Even at relaxed timings, it wont do better tahn 250, it just flat out hits a wall. I would go wit the pc3700EB.

situman said:
u know for high fsb 1:1 the corsair is not the best choice especuially if u plan to go over 250fsb. the corsair runs out of breath at 250 and beyond that its not even worth mentioning (according to anandtech). Even at relaxed timings, it wont do better tahn 250, it just flat out hits a wall. I would go wit the pc3700EB.
Yeah, your right it won't go over 250FSB at 1:1 but I would be happy just to hit 250FSB right now. Besides as soon as I can find someone that has the 3700EB's I'm going to get some. I'm going to use the corsair on my other rig, but it's what I want to use right now at the lower FSB's. At this point it's the best RAM I could be using since I can't get over 235FSB.

i ordered some from Atacom.com. They said it will be shipped out friday since they dont keep stock of it and have to get it from OCZ directly. I emailed OCZ askn about this company and they said they are good. So if I dont get a tracking number by Friday, Im gonna have to cancel. So we'll see.

situman said:
i ordered some from Atacom.com. They said it will be shipped out friday since they dont keep stock of it and have to get it from OCZ directly. I emailed OCZ askn about this company and they said they are good. So if I dont get a tracking number by Friday, Im gonna have to cancel. So we'll see.

I checked that website. I can't find any 512x2 kits. Did you only order 256x2?

Edit: nevermind, I found them.

Back