• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

LCD Monitor as side of case?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Zim2411

Has anyone ever done a mod with an LCD Monitor as the side panel? That would be pretty cool at a LAN party.

Ive thought about it.. I wanted to do a 14.1 lcd from a laptop but id need an inverter that was way too hard to find or make. The best bet is to get your hands on one of the 7" car lcd's and take it out of its shell and mount it like a window in ur computer. Its got an Rca input so the video out of most video cards will do it as a secondary display. I tried the effect of my geforce2 gts pro with the nview crap and I was able to get a moive playing on my monitor while playing age of mythology on the tv screen. Same effect.. itd look totally cool if you had the money to do it.. check even on ebay.. some people sell 5" car lcd's for less than $100..
pretty neat mod.

Back