• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Lets get motivated

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I was thinking that doing a small donation to the OCSETI team jar to produce the necessary cash to buy a good prize. Maybe some hardware and a few SETI items from the berkeley store for the runner ups.

As for the mechanics I would suggest that the total output from a new account to be another possibility. But we will have to device a mean that current guys do not create a new account just to get the goodies. :)

Ok, sonds like we have some good ideas here. All we need to do now is doante some money and have some on collect. Jeniva said that he has a processor that he would be willing to donate. Maybe we should kick some money his way for that. If everyone in the top 100 chips in $1 we could get some pretty nice prizes. Along the lines of a MB, CPU, and maybe some memory. Newegg has refurbished 8KHA+ for $49.99 shipped, that and a duron would be a nice 1st and second prize. Maybe allow the winner to pick what he wants. I would be more than willing to doante a couple of bucks and I am sure that many of the other members would as well. I nominate TC to hold the money.

Sure a $ per month would be an easy gift and it would definitely buy a decent board and a morgan duron would be a nice combo. We could perhaps setup a donation page on the main site similar to the donations for Skip's server. But on second thought that could make some people feel obligated to give when they really can't or don't want to.

Im sure that everyone can chip in a dollar. Ok heres the plan save your change that you normaly give to bums and count it up at the end of the week. Donate that much to the cause for that month.

{PMS}fishy said:
Im sure that everyone can chip in a dollar. Ok heres the plan save your change that you normaly give to bums and count it up at the end of the week. Donate that much to the cause for that month.

Count me in for $5 a month.

BTW I just added a new cruncher. T-Bird 1.4 @ 1.5

Lets get the paypal account set up as fast a possible and get everything going so we can purchase prizes and start races. (TC Ill race you to 50,000 ill give you a head start)

{PMS}fishy said:
BTW I just added a new cruncher. T-Bird 1.4 @ 1.5

Lets get the paypal account set up as fast a possible and get everything going so we can purchase prizes and start races. (TC Ill race you to 50,000 ill give you a head start)
I already have a premier paypal account if you all want me to be the piggy bank. The only bad thing is they take a cut of the money :(

You need the primer account to accept credit cards. Then after you upgrade to the premire account you get charged for all incoming transications. It sucks. Maybe we should set up a new one that is not premire. Have anyone that is paying cash send it to that one, and people with plastic to TC personal account.

I agreed to their terms - you'd think I would know more about their policy :rolleyes: Anyway with the basic account there are no fees, but you can't accept a credit card. Hmm, I doubt they would let me create a new basic account with the same user info.... I guess I could try, or somebody else will have to do it. I can of course accept snail mail, but paypal is a lot more convenient. Well whatever the solution I think we're on to something great. Who knows, maybe we will have our own stacked "stomp monster" some day :D

Me too - it's like distributed effort helps distributed computing :) Oh and I have a little extra something to add to my farm. For those that are in the know - Samsung E/S 0215 1066-32 :)

Count me in to.
I can chip in $5-$10 a month for this worthy cause.

I dont use plastic, so I can send MO's to whoever plays "the bank".

Once we get the logistics worked out, this could be posted on the Berkeley forums. Gotta love "free" advertising.

I think a decent CPU/MB combo would be a great prize.

All in all, it goes towards the team effort anyhow.

Oh boy 1066 RDram. *Drools........wipes face* Wait I have no use for that.

i dont have much to spare in the way of $$'s
student and no job sees to that
ill provide moral support!

TC: ooh baby please tell me your going to put that in with a nice p4 and clock it

i dont have much to spare in the way of $$'s
student and no job sees to that
not to mention $1 of mine is $0.50 of yours
plus the exchange fees :(
ill provide moral support!

TC: ooh baby please tell me your going to put that in with a nice p4 and clock it high

lonewolf1983 said:

TC: ooh baby please tell me your going to put that in with a nice p4 and clock it high
Nah I'm just going to leave it on the table and look at it :p

Of course the whole point to this is that everyone will contribute whatever they are comfortable with. If its a piece of hardware or a few dollars or just strong moral support this is not meant to be a hardship on anyone. :) If it takes two or three months to have the funds for a new contest prize then so be it...not a big deal as its still better than doing nothing. If we let all members know that they can contribute if they would like (new and old alike) we should be able to get a decent turn out for this.

Cy

Back