• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Lets get motivated

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I would say the same, the people that can donate something are welcome, and the guys that can't we all understand them. I remeber the time when I was young and had no work.....:) we all have passed thrue that time anyway.

I think that this effort is done to create a greater sense of community in this great team, and encourage our members to crunch harder and keep on top. THat's really what makes a gret team, not just the stats, but the people.

I can try to donate soma also, and nominate Tim as bank holder as he is a dedicated SETI cruncher and an OC addict :).

So if thats it, lets get the e-mail posted so people know where to send the money. Also what about a paypal donate link on the seti home page? Maybe if this all comes toghter quickly enough we can start on June 1st. (July 1st is probally a more relastic goal)

Okay my email address for Paypal is [email protected]. As I mentioned before, Paypal is going to take a percentage of every donation because of my premier account. It's not much, but it will cut into the total. I think a donation page on the web site would be nice (hint hint Sean :) ) but lets get everybody's input first.

Ok TC can you keep us informed on how much money we have. I just checked Newegg and they are all out of the $50 refurb 8KHA+, they do have some ASUS boards that are nice. The A7V333 was there for $90 Im sure we could find something better. Lets see how much $$$ we get first. I sold some ram and that gave away that PIII 500 so when I recieve that money I can send my contribution your way.

I just posted a new thread. Perhaps J can make it a sticky and edit the totals as they come in. Hopefully Basher is up to making a simple donation page as well, or I can do it too.

I like the donation idea, and will definitely be pitching in.

One question, has anyone decided what kind of contest? I liked the raffle adea. maybe monthly with a maximum ticket amount. That would give anyone actually crunching a fighting chance and maybe persuade inactives to start crunching again.

Last suggestion is, let the world know. if it wasn't for a accidental click I may not be crunching now. probably only 10% of the population of the entire world knows about seti, out of that 10% only like half are actually crunching. and that's being optimistic.

we need to tap that big keg o people and start pouring somehow. but at 1:00 in the morning, my brains all tapped out as to how.

I love the idea as well...I offered a 1ghz Duron (morgan) before...I just built a machine around that cpu...but I just donated $50 instead...I hope this contest encourages people to become active again, and for new members to join and be active

I just noticed that you donated. Thanks guys for everything. We have $145 now, not that Im keeping track.

its all about the Team, we may all be in individual competition with those ranked close to us...but we are all crunching for the same team....Im happy to do what I can for the Team.

wow that was a lot of reading.. Though I just read this entire thread, I failed to understand who plays the hardware bank.. I have a 700 duron and 256mb stick of PC133. just tell me what I need to do with it!

-Good idead.. but have we decided what the contest even is?

We are collecting money to purchase prizes, but if wish to donate the processor and ram thats fine too. Either hang onto it or send it to TC. Hes the bank for now anyways. Also if you just want to give the parts away there is a thread for free parts for other teammembers.

klear said:
wow that was a lot of reading.. Though I just read this entire thread, I failed to understand who plays the hardware bank.. I have a 700 duron and 256mb stick of PC133. just tell me what I need to do with it!

-Good idead.. but have we decided what the contest even is?
I would say send it to TC would be the hardware bank, no we have not set the format yet but that is something that needs done sometime soon.

OK.. Perhaps the hardware donations would be good for 2nd 3rd 4th place prizes..

Back