• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

LET'S GET STUPID WITH A 7970!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
1050, that asic thing might be right, this card rates a 73.5 and it is trailing the asus card.

1075, and the asus card is still leading.

1100 and still falling behind.

my 760's are a deadheat as were my 7770's so this is a bit of a surprise.

Attachments

• 1050.JPG
    1050.JPG
    181 KB · Views: 59
  • 1075.JPG
    1075.JPG
    183.5 KB · Views: 58
  • 1100.JPG
    1100.JPG
    180.7 KB · Views: 56
Last edited by a moderator:
Mmm, I might try the volt mod on the 280x in sig as soon as I get the 7970 back from RMA (need a gpu if I kill the card ;)): its memory clocks like mad. It benches all 3DMark's and Heaven@1950MHz.

I am sure that if I can overcome this bloody vdrop...

Mmm, I might try the volt mod on the 280x in sig as soon as I get the 7970 back from RMA (need a gpu if I kill the card ;)): its memory clocks like mad. It benches all 3DMark's and Heaven@1950MHz.

I am sure that if I can overcome this bloody vdrop...

I'd like to see pics of the mod! :thup:

I am right up against a hard wall at 1100 with this card.
I raised the voltage to 1.20 then to 1.225 and it is not micro stutter, it's macro stutter.
I'm wondering if it's just over this motherboards head, if you look in post #1 it is truly a top of the line board.

Seems kinda odd that both would stop dead at 1100.

I want to say I had Heaven able to run at 1120 on that card? I didn't give it too much of a voltage bump either.

CD are you making sure the voltage is actually going to 1.2-1.225? You should open Gpu-Z while running heaven and check.

When I was playing with different Bios on that ASUS I don't think I was ever successful in overvolting more then the original bios, sad thing is that cooler can handle so much more.

Back