• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Let's talk compression fittings!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bluefalcon13

So I am almost done gathering parts for my first custom loop, all I need to buy is compression fittings at this point and spend some time cleaning the components.

For compression fittings, I need 3/4 OD, 1/2 ID size fittings for soft tubing, and 5 straight, and one 90° fitting. What brands are good and cheap?

Parts gathered so far:
Black Ice Stealth 140.2 rad
Noctua iPPC-3000 fans (x2 push only, due to case
D5 fixed speed w/ swiftech top
Swiftech micro res v.2
Swiftech XT(?) Block - not super sure on this one, bought it used and it is an older model, w/ a metal top

Have some fund-age finally to pickup the fittings, but $50 counting shipping is pushing it. What do you all think for decent cheap compression fittings?

Depending on the cooling results of the system, I may add a rear 120.1 rad to help tame the FX-8320e. Considering I had it running easily at 4.5ghz w/ an old H80 AIO unit, I figure this setup will yield better results.

I would think the last thing in the world you want in your loop is cheap fittings my friend! Just spend the $50. on the fittings and save your expensive hardware. I'm going with EK, they are all pretty close in price for the compression fittings but koolance is probably a little cheaper. But do some searches on them.

I would think the last thing in the world you want in your loop is cheap fittings my friend! Just spend the $50. on the fittings and save your expensive hardware. I'm going with EK, they are all pretty close in price for the compression fittings but koolance is probably a little cheaper. But do some searches on them.

I was about to pull the trigger on koolance fittings, but I was slightly worried, hence making the thread. Figured I'd ask you all since you all have tried more of these than I!

The koolance fittings are great use them myself can link for you later when I get in as I am out and about now.

The koolance fittings are great use them myself can link for you later when I get in as I am out and about now.

Yeah I was looking at these:

http://www.performance-pcs.com/kool...gled-for-13mm-x-19mm-1-2in-x-3-4in-black.html

And 5 of these:
http://www.performance-pcs.com/nozzle-single-black-compression-13mm-id-19mm-od.html

The 90° one is for the res inlet, the other 5 are for the block, rad, and outlet from the res (pump is going below the res, and the inlet for the pump is on top, outlet from the res is on bottom).

Side note: rad screws to mount the fans and it to the chassis: just remember I need these. Any idea where is can pick some up?

Screws... McMaster Carr or McFaddin dale if you need odd sizes.

90 degree fittings like that are so out of date. Look at the rotary smooth fittings made by Bitspower.

Their 90 degree fittings can be 45 or almost straight. Look at this log:

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/...-and-update-Finally!?highlight=annual rebuild

- - - Updated - - -

Just need to slow down and spend more time, that's all. Don't rush it.

Not a fan of Koolance fittings because the QDCs I have which are the same metals of the fittings seem to discolor or oxidize fairly quickly.

My silver rotary Bitspower fittings still look good as new 4+ years down the road. Granted they are in the premium priced category, they're worth every cent. I use straights, extenders, 30s, 45s, 60s and 90s, all rotary. They save you the headache when they're rotary when installing the tubing otherwise you have to put it perfectly on. They have worked amazing for me but again, they are on the pricey side.

I would look at some of those value packs from XSPC or Monsoon. I'm sure there might be others that do this as well but can't remember who else.

I went with xspc compression fittings. They make a really nice black line that is beautiful! Go check them out.

The second link you posted is the same fittings I have ....... work great and cant complain the G1/4 thread is the same as all other fittings but the compression part does use a different thread then most other compressions then I have seen. I have not seen any issues with them so far no complaints and the price is right. Like conumdrum said I also prefer the BP rotaries over the higher restriction of the fixed 90 deg fitting like you posted but yes they are more pricey for sure.

Was looking at the xspc chrome fittings, as someone mentioned them (for the strait ones) as they are a hair cheaper. Thoughts on those?

If I go with those I could possibly get those + a rotary. I am not sure I need to worry about back pressure induced by a 90° fitting just yet, as its a D5 with a 140.2 rad and an apogee xt rev.2 block. Nothing crazy here... Yet. :p

I have the XSPC black straight fittings and a bunch of their 45 degree fittings. I do not want to use any 90s. But will need one going from components to the radiator in my case. They are very nice fittings to have and I highly recommend them. Make sure they are sealed properly and do your 24hr leak test before firing up the machine.

I was about to pull the trigger on koolance fittings, but I was slightly worried, hence making the thread. Figured I'd ask you all since you all have tried more of these than I!
I didn't mean anything sarcastically by my comments and I apologize if that's how you took my comments. I don't have any experience with the compression fittings myself so I'm in the same boat as you, but from my research they are all pretty similar in price except for the 90° rotary fittings which are very expensive at $18.00 to $24.00 a piece! I am using 7/16x5/8 tubing so I can use my regular 90° fittings that are already on my radiator from my last build. My choices were down to EK, bitspower, and primochill and I will buy what ever is in stock at the time of mu purchase, I already changed it a few times because they keep going out of stock, right now I'm waiting on a XSPC res/D5 pump to come back in stock and then I'll purchase everything at once.

I didn't mean anything sarcastically by my comments and I apologize if that's how you took my comments. I don't have any experience with the compression fittings myself so I'm in the same boat as you, but from my research they are all pretty similar in price except for the 90° rotary fittings which are very expensive at $18.00 to $24.00 a piece! I am using 7/16x5/8 tubing so I can use my regular 90° fittings that are already on my radiator from my last build. My choices were down to EK, bitspower, and primochill and I will buy what ever is in stock at the time of mu purchase, I already changed it a few times because they keep going out of stock, right now I'm waiting on a XSPC res/D5 pump to come back in stock and then I'll purchase everything at once.

Wasn't taken that way ;)

I do appreciate your input though, as well as everyone else's!

Think it is settled, its just a matter of where to buy. I have amazon prime so gonna check there first, if they don't have the parts on Prime or at reasonable prices its on to performance pcs!

Do not forget to check out newegg . I have been buying alot of stuff from amazon from a dealer known as titan rigs. Excellent shipping and fast order processing.

Wasn't taken that way ;)

I do appreciate your input though, as well as everyone else's!

Think it is settled, its just a matter of where to buy. I have amazon prime so gonna check there first, if they don't have the parts on Prime or at reasonable prices its on to performance pcs!

That's good! :thup: Yeah, I just found the res/pump combo I want on Amazon so I might buy it. But It doesn't give a good description on the pump so I'm not sure if it's a variable or not. Pc Performance will have it in stock this week anyway so I will probably just wait and order all at once.

Koolance uses a non-standard thread, no? It's angled, not straight.

In case you guys are wondering, G1/4 is BSPP. British Standard Pipe Parallel, thus standard tapered 1/4 threads will fit nicely into G1/4. (Use teflon tape of course)
I have 10 1/4 to 3/8 compression fittings ready for my loop when I re pipe it with 3/8 copper flex ;)

Back