• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

LG 65" OLED C1PUB - Black Vertical Line

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

unsafesteagle

Finally opened up the Television and replaced the Tcon Board. A black vertical line remains in the same location.
I'll try some of the other recommended powering options in the next couple days.
I didn't open up the back enough to view the bonding of the ribbon cables and the panel.

Attaching photos

Attachments

• Black Line.jpg
    Black Line.jpg
    1,007.6 KB · Views: 14
  • LG OLED Back of Panel.jpg
    LG OLED Back of Panel.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 15
  • LG OLED Tcon Board.jpg
    LG OLED Tcon Board.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 12
  • LG OLED Main Board.jpg
    LG OLED Main Board.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 12
  • LG OLED Power Supply.jpg
    LG OLED Power Supply.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 14
you dont have access to the flat flex that actually make the connection on the panel side do you

i didnt try and go that deep. i do not

I thought about it and decided no.
Screen captures do not include the line on other devices.
It's still a valuable display.

I've read about just taping down the cable to the panel restores the pixel column

I have a Samsung 32" curved 2k 240hz scheduled for Wednesday delivery

I'll decided what to do after

Last edited:
yea it sounds like it has virtual boy-itis.

some times pressing on the connection at the flat flex, panel interface you can get these sort of things to come back. the heating and cooling of the panel weakens these connections as you've found out. its kind of a matter of time when they go i imagine but still its 5 years? i would have thought it would go longer than that

Back