• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

LGA2011 Build(s)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
That PC looks sexy as hell.
Will be a pain in the *** to clean up all the dissolved coolant coloring chemicals tho.

Thanks Mario!

Oh, I totally agree. Not only that, the coolants although not expensive are a bit pricey for what it is... if that makes sense. I thought about going the distilled water route and adding my own additives.

That said, I really like the color of the EK Blood Red mixture.

Thanks Mario!

Oh, I totally agree. Not only that, the coolants although not expensive are a bit pricey for what it is... if that makes sense. I thought about going the distilled water route and adding my own additives.

That said, I really like the color of the EK Blood Red mixture.
I suggest using distilled water & silver.
If you want color you can always buy colored tubing that reacts to UV light and pop a few UV cold cathodes in there.

I suggest using distilled water & silver.
If you want color you can always buy colored tubing that reacts to UV light and pop a few UV cold cathodes in there.

Funny you should say that. I got the UV lighting, Primochill UV tubing and anti-kink coils if I need them for the tubing. ;)

It was one of my options I was toying with and I had a change of heart to not add the UV. I figure if I get bored of the current setup ...I got everything all ready and waiting for the change up. Only thing I am missing is the silver for any buildup which I can pick up locally.

We think alike!

Last edited:
Funny you should say that. I got the UV lighting, Primochill UV tubing and anti-kink coils if I need them for the tubing. ;)

It was one of my options I was toying with and I had a change of heart to not add the UV. I figure if I get bored of the current setup ...I got everything all ready and waiting for the change up. Only thing I am missing is the silver for any buildup which I can pick up locally.

We think alike!
Pop them in once you decide to drain the current coolant. :attn:

Major props on the setup and DIY.

Only one thing concerns me: it's on the ground!

Shouldn't it be floating or something?

Major props on the setup and DIY.

Only one thing concerns me: it's on the ground!

Shouldn't it be floating or something?

;p

Thanks dude!

LOL, I know right... it should be floating. That baby is one heavy beast.

I must say, very nice build. Most times when people post original build threads like this, with thousands of dollars of hardware, it's just wishful thinking. It's nice to see one hella expensive build come through. If you don't mind me asking, what was the final build cost, monitors and all?

I must say, very nice build. Most times when people post original build threads like this, with thousands of dollars of hardware, it's just wishful thinking. It's nice to see one hella expensive build come through. If you don't mind me asking, what was the final build cost, monitors and all?

Thanks a bunch!

It is in the 8k range I think for the PC? Let me go through my receipts later today and I will itemize in detail what I paid exactly, hopefully over the next couple days. After I passed the 5k mark I stopped adding ;p

Here is one of a few of my early pricing sample listing I have from when I first started my research about the LGA 1366 in 2010 for your curiousity. I will post a more current pricing once I gather all the details.

Core i7 990X Extreme Edition LGA 1336 Boxed Processor $999.99
Amazon*

ASUS LGA 1366 Republic of Gamers Motherboard
(Rampage III Extreme LGA 1366 x58 ATX Motherboard) $379.99
Amazon*

EVGA GeForce GTX 580 Superclocked 1536 MB GDDR5
PCI-Express 2.0 Graphics Card x2 for crossfire/SLI Ready $489.99 x2/x3
Amazon*

OCZ 120 GB Vertex 3 SATA III 6.0 Gb-s 2.5-Inch
Solid State Drive VTX3-25SAT3-120G $281.50
Amazon*

Cooler Master HAF X Full Tower w/ SuperSpeed USB 3.0
w/ Window w/ Black Interior ATX Case (RC-942-KKN1) $198.65
Amazon*

Seagate Barracuda XT 2 TB 7200RPM SATA 6 Gb/s 64MB Cache
3.5 Inch Internal Bare Drive ST32000641AS $153.52
Amazon*

Enermax Galaxy EVO EGX1250EWT Power supply - 1.25 kW - Amazon $281.33
buy.com* for $249.99

Asus Xonor Xense Premium Gaming Audio Set $297.47
Amazon*

G.SKILL Sniper Gaming Series 12GB (3 x 4GB) 240-Pin
SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Model F3-12800CL7T-12GBSR $249.00
Newegg*

Water Cooling system $?

Last edited:

The PC is about 8k
Monitors about 3.5k
Sound System 2.5k

Attached is an excel sheet with a somewhat detailed breakdown of what a complete all-out system can cost for the latest items on the market. Like everything else, in a year or two some items will still hold a decent high-value while others will not. The speed of which newer and better items are developed and become available to the consumer, the quicker the value will fall on the older items... usually. There are a few smaller items I did not list like silicone gaskets for the fans, screws, rubber washers, sleeving, heat shrink, etc. But, the list will give the general idea as to the cost for the much bigger ticket items.

Attachments

• Itemized_list.xls
    33 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
The PC is about 8k
Monitors about 3.5k
Sound System 2.5k

Attached is an excel sheet with a somewhat detailed breakdown of what a complete all-out system can cost for the latest items on the market. Like everything else, in a year or two some items will still hold a decent high-value while others will not. The speed of which newer and better items are developed and become available to the consumer, the quicker the value will fall on the older items... usually. There are a few smaller items I did not list like silicone gaskets for the fans, screws, rubber washers, sleeving, heat shrink, etc. But, the list will give the general idea as to the cost for the much bigger ticket items.

I'm finding the total build to be a bit of a... :shock:!!!

Of course the sound sytem and monitors are both big chunks of $$$... but I'm still kind of stunned by seeing how the cost of the parts, when all put together creeps up so fast... those three EVGA cards!!... Wow!

Yup, the smaller items is what you got to look out for. They add up quickly. The cards are still pretty new on the market which is why there is a premium cost. Much like the PSU, CPU, RAM and Mobo.

Back