• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Light Static on right side of screen Asus 280x

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Fugu

So , I just recently got an Asus 4k Monitor and i'm running 4k at 60hz for gaming with my Asus 280x v2 and a 7970 DCU2 (non top) and i've found that depending on how much white there is on the screen i'll get flashes of pixels (or lines of pixels about 6 long at the most) on the right hand side of the screen only.
To get 60hz I run the screen using a display port 1.2 setting.

Right now it's not doing it but if I open a window with mostly white on it it'll cause the flickering.

My diagnostics have included:

Moving anything wireless away from that side of the monitor
Checking my computer for excessive temperatures
ensuring no cables are loose or touching anything they shouldn't be

Disabling ULPS and double checking computer is in performance mode
Turning off Crossfire turning it back on
Freeing up space on my SSD,
Updating from the latest AMD drivers to the latest AMD Beta drivers 14.6 rc from 14.4

Things that stop the flickering:
Running at 2k Resolution and 60hz
Running at 4k Resolution at 30hz using Display port 1.1 settings
Playing a game but some random flickers happen in game and it's semi rare to see them.

I'm lost and really not sure what the next step I have to take. Are these indicative of a peice of hardware on it's way out and which one gives up these signals?

already a dead pixel too.

Last edited:
Merged your two posts you made on the same issue, please refrain from double posting in two different areas of the forums.

As far as your issue goes, I'm not certain all the testing you have done boils it down to either the video card or monitor. Any chance of having another video card to try? That would definitely tell you which of the two is causing you grief.

Back