• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

LinX / Win 7 SP1 / Crazy temps??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Anfallgel

Hey All,

I just came across something weird. I've updated my rig with an i5-3570k / Biostar TZ77XE4 and have been playing around with OC's the last few days.

I had run LinX yesterday 20cycle / max memory with temps hovering around 78c for a 4.5ghz w/1.3v.

Then last night windows prompts me to update to SP1, okay great I go ahead and do that. Afterwards I was going to bump down my voltage some, I just went 1 tick to 1.29v. Load up LinX again and 25-30sec in temps skyrocket and the system autoshutdown (I have a the mobo saftey shutdown set at 90C). I bump back up to 1.3v ... same thing in LinX.

For giggles, I roll back the SP1 update in windows and try LinX again. Everything is back to being hunky dory.

What gives??

Haven't used IBT, but P95 looks normal. Do you think I can assume that this is some sort of incompatibility issue with LinX itself, and not system instability?

I dont run Linx (Linx and IBT are overkill to me... I only use it for quick and dirty stability testing. Why run your car OVER redline when you wont even get there is my thinking) so not sure there.

Well seeing as its now bombing my system I think I would tend to agree with you lol!

I was really hoping someone would say "Oh yeah, common issue with LinX". Bothers me if its a rare thing ...

I think this might be related to something going wrong with the SP1 update. I attempted to update to SP1 again and this time many of my executables would fail and P95 and Memtest were causing BSOD's at settings that I had run for 12hrs without issue prior to SP1. I rolled back AGAIN and everything is just fine ... so weird.

Now to troubleshoot THAT problem ...

Back