• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Liquid Cooling Delima

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

WolfofVengeance

Ok guys, here is my delima. I have a AIO H100i right now for my cpu. I really want to liquid cool my two 780s, but I don't know if i should go with two NZXT G10s and two H55s or just go all in with a custom loop. My biggest problem is that i know ABSOLUTELY nothing about a custom loop and will will need my hand held through the process. Any help would be apreciated,:facepalm:

Here is a list of my hardware and some pictures
MOBO- Gigabyte G1-Sniper Z87
CPU- I5-4770K
RAM- Corsair Vengeance Pro
PSu-Corsair RM850
Case- Corsair 750D

20140331_211321_zpse64b4b41.jpg

20140331_211328_zps1213b593.jpg

Last edited:
Go straight for the custom loop. Prebuilt kits, at most, give a modest improvement over good air cooling.

^^^^ this
read the stickies

Also, i dont think you have the space in that case to put enough raddage unless you sacrifice the drive cages... but i could be wrong.

What you could do is move the H100 to the front, which opens up the roof space to put something like a Swiftech MCR DRive and create a small custom loop using a couple of Komodo full-size GPU blocks. Or you could put the MCR-Drive up front and leave the H100 where it is.

http://www.swiftech.com/MCR-X20-Drive-Rev3.aspx

The main problem thou is that to cool 2x 780's you'll need more as a 120.2 (240) radiator
The minimum is 120.3 (360) with push/pull fans on it. Unless you want it to become very noisy.

Of course, you could always go external with a MO-RA :)

This is why you need to read through the stickies... to better understand what it is about.
It is not rocket-science, but it IS more as "slapping a mediocre performing AIO on it and call it a day" :)

Me, i'm considering to put in a dedicate GPU loop using an AMS-D5 in a next build. Something like this
http://shop.aquacomputer.de/product_info.php?products_id=2890

So, in a way, we have the same issue, which is why i'm advocating a dedicated GPU only loop using an integrated Rad/Pump MCR-Drive to you :)

Last edited:
How many HDDs/SSDs are you planning to have in the machine? If it's not many, you could use an adapter to put them in the 5.25" bays and free up some room at the front for more radiators.

As stated, take the time and read the water cooling stickies. Also you might want to create a thread in there as well.

Once you're done reading and researching, the fun begins. :D You can get ideas from other builds. Here's an example of what you could do with your case (750D).

(120.3 up top and 120.2 bottom)
3216BF8E-1B3E-4AD6-AC3AA64AF17949F3.jpg

Back