• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Little gift for my PC? (for new years)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kamran

hi, well it sounds stupid but i really have hunger to buy something for my pc
and well its iranians new years in 19 days i guess
so what cool but less then 95$ you recommend me?

i thought about fans (mine are whitout speed controll and always max)
i got 2 Intake(140mm) front and 1 Exhaust rear!(120mm )

but does adding 2 140mm side fans make any diffrence and i havent OCed anything !

also a new CPu cooler would be good but i haven't OCed and my motherboard chipset is b75 :(

any cool accessories or ..?
i left gaming for around 3months im So busy being sleepy while i have to read programming books / study for god damn school!

i got an awesome but pretty old MX518 which it feels bad in hand after around 3 years of use but doesn't wroth upgrading and a A4tech x7 HUGE gaming mouse ! (could't find smaller)

so, any cool / cheap things for my PC?

i know this sounds stupid but this is General Discussion so i tought just ask, and this was driving me crazy!

Side fans can actually disrupt air flow. It really needs to be done properly.

A good mouse can do wonders. People neglect the haptic side of things with computing. A mechanical keyboard and good mouse make your gaming experience better, theres no real doubt about it.

That said... I would honestly just save some more money and get a better GPU. The 7750 is on its bottom legs now. Save another 60 bucks and grab one of those new 750 ti's!

Anywho, mice is super subjective, just try em out and find what you like if you're gonna go that route.

Side fans can actually disrupt air flow. It really needs to be done properly.

A good mouse can do wonders. People neglect the haptic side of things with computing. A mechanical keyboard and good mouse make your gaming experience better, theres no real doubt about it.

That said... I would honestly just save some more money and get a better GPU. The 7750 is on its bottom legs now. Save another 60 bucks and grab one of those new 750 ti's!

Anywho, mice is super subjective, just try em out and find what you like if you're gonna go that route.

well you can't try anything in iran, if you find it !

i spend so much money on a razer anansi and wont spend more:D only mechanical keyboard available here is blackwidow, which is really expensive

well my mice is old but does the job ! have good DPI and feels awesome in my hand (i got fat hands:D) but as skin is starting to feel bad i might change

ok for now i will keep money and buy new things see if anyone gives a cheap but interesting thing :D

BTW is wireless mouse good? are not enought speed for gaming

i left gaming for long :D and i i wont go back until i become a proffassional GUI C++ programmer , im reading thinking in c++ and then some other books and start GUI
i gonna try NVidia for my next GPU i gues... Nvidia havent annonced any new Graphic cards but i was thinking of gtx 760 !

hmm after 3years of mx518 can u tell me how much it helps? if i get a good logi or razer mamba/ouroboros/naga mouse ! im not really interested in color changing feature ! :D havent used my keyboards color changing really!

my montitor is 1920*1080p if it helps / might uprage pixels are so large ! and doesn't feel good :D its 24inches will get a 27 one!

Last edited:
Probably better off in general hardware. Lets see if we can get you moved there...

Also I'd save up and get a new motherboard so you can OC, assuming you've got the right CPU to do so.

Thanks !

Also new mothetboard is a good idea!! I shouldn't have listened to my cousin :s i was buying asrock mobo he told me asrock looks horrible!!! ;/ Shouldn't i worry / wait for new intel gen ? My motherboard will get old for it!

I'd get a new power supply first, I assume from your sig that the 'Green 530w' came with your 'Green Dragon Pro' case.. which means it's probably a crappy PSU. Spend <$50 on a CX430, 500, or 600 PSU so you can sleep better at night. Then, I'd get an SSD!

I'd get a new power supply first, I assume from your sig that the 'Green 530w' came with your 'Green Dragon Pro' case.. which means it's probably a crappy PSU. Spend <$50 on a CX430, 500, or 600 PSU so you can sleep better at night. Then, I'd get an SSD!

Well about PSU its a persian brand which is almost under thermale take based on details , if it isn't true
My cousin had all green psus and didn't had problem whit it for years and years! Btw it didnt came whit case;) if i find crodair or good brand in iran i will buy one! But this is almost only choice!

About ssd, i dont really need one ;) my both OSes boot fast ;) no loading problems!

You'll change your mind after you've used one.

Well they're really expensive + Almost impossible to find here!! And i dont Plan on playing games for long! ;)
I know they are freaking fast! Could spend it on more w and gaming series PSU or mobo and cpu cooler ! Ssd has any other advantage other than faster win loading and game loading for me?

Well they're really expensive + Almost impossible to find here!! And i dont Plan on playing games for long! ;)
I know they are freaking fast! Could spend it on more w and gaming series PSU or mobo and cpu cooler ! Ssd has any other advantage other than faster win loading and game loading for me?

Loading times are certainly a plus, but you also have reduced noise and heat, and better reliability, and of course the overall quickness of your system. If you ever get into programming more deeply (especially in a full IDE like Visual Studio), you'll be amazed at how well it runs on an SSD.

Oh i dorgot about visual studio and other stuff i have been on ubuntu reading books;) see how ot helps!

BTW i like some compute r noise/sounds like fans makes an awesome sound!!!

I only found silicon power and adata which i hate both!

Also they're expansive;( i guess i most look for cheaper gift or collect my money and buy once!

wait onnly 50$? i bought mine around 100$ !!!!

next time i buy anything i WOLD never ever ever bring anybbody ! i made bad decision 2 times because i listened to my friend and i would make right one if i didnt bring them !

only person who helped me is my other cousin which is in germany :D (really helped me)

anyway im thinking of new mouse !!!

this is my current mouse
IMG_20140226_212509.jpg

thinking of buying something like g602 searching to see whats best! but feel bad changing it :( i always feel guilty paying!

im mad and stuck ! if anybody can help i made another threda thought its better to !

Last edited:
You'll change your mind after you've used one.

I loomrd at prices and did a good resrarch! I alreadt paid for my mouse! But i saw that tgey're cheaper tha mouse !;) almost some of them are cheaper than g700s i bought a mouse (g602 its amazing you were right it makes big change after my mx518) but its hard to fins but awesome! I found Intel's 120gb 530 for almist same price for g700s i guess is this one good?

i know its a little late, but today was new years ! vee i also got an intel 520 120gb in morning and took me almost 1 hours only to install the ssd because my sata cable was stupid, then i gave up and used molex to sata xD works fine now !

its lighting fast ! i can't describe with words my system got amazing ! no more after sleep login waits and no more search waits.. but always worried about storage xD ai would be totally good about storage only if it was 180 gb ! xD not a heavy user anyway !

i can't even look back at hdd, thanks for suggestion :p (my cousin tells me it was a stupid buy you could save it, you dont need ssd at all)

im downloading crystal bench, to test, my old one gave me 99mb/s max and 90 avrage

Back