• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Little help with this monitor - AG Neovo F-417

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kenrou

So wife has a thing for square monitors, went to Amazon to pick out a cheap one, OCD spoke louder and ended up with this one. Hooked it up to her 660Ti with a VGA-DVI adapter and seemed to be working fine (very slight ghosting). Problems start in Windows, it shows ALL resolutions and frequencies up to 4K/170hz with the non-UPNP default driver, tried switching to a "flat screen 1280x1024 75hz" and the fairly outdated Vista driver form the manufacturer, no change. Using Nvidia 361.91 drivers if it helps. Is there any way to cut out all resolutions/frequencies except the ones she actually needs for Windows/games ?

Tried Doom today and it shows "input out of range error" when it starts but seems to work well enough on other games.

http://au.agneovo.com/au/content/f-417.asp

FX-4300, 4.7ghz 1.316v
Hyper 212 EVO - SP120 LED 120mm x2
Asus M5A97 EVO R2.0
MSI GeForce GTX 660 Ti - N660Ti PE 2GD5/OC
2x4gb Corsair Vengeance LP - 9-9-9-24 1600mhz
Crucial M4-CT064M4SSD2 64gb
WD10EZEX 7200rpm 1TB
Corsair TX750
NZXT S340 - AF140-LED x3 - AF120-LED x1
AG Neovo F417 17"
Windows 10 TH2 Pro 64bit

Last edited:
game might have 1080p minimum? Im not sure. I've had games try to run maxed out by default, and had issues with that. Might have to do some .ini editing to get doom to run.

That said, you can run a program called CRU to set defaults and allowed limits, normally used for overclocking your monitors.

You can try setting up a custom resolution in Nvidia control panel.

I'd say the game doesn't support the aspect ratio and it's throwing a fit.

Couldn't find ini to edit and ran Steam startup parameters, "+set com_skipIntroVideo 1 +set r_mode -1 +set r_customwidth 1280 +set r_customheight 1024" but don't know the code for monitor Hz which should be the one spazzing out, read somewhere that Doom asks Windows for info instead of the driver. But that's besides the point, still have the issue in Windows, its like it accepts the new driver but not the parameters in it if you know what i mean. No matter what driver i use it still shows all resolutions/frequencies.

Safe mode is no help so far because it disables any and all drivers and uninstalling and re-installing said driver makes no effect. Could it be the DVI-VGA adapter making the issue ? or is it simply a crappy monitor ?

EDIT: found that CRU program when i was looking for an oldie called Powerstrip, does that directly replace the ini on the driver or EDID firmware ? do i still have to re-install driver ?

Last edited:
I'd say it's a combination of the adapter, monitor, and using them on current hardware.
Again, very possible you're running in to compatibility issues for the res/aspect.

Does using a current monitor (read: not 4:3 and 1280x1024) function properly?

Ill try switching it with mine tomorrow, see what happens.

Couldn't find ini to edit and ran Steam startup parameters, "+set com_skipIntroVideo 1 +set r_mode -1 +set r_customwidth 1280 +set r_customheight 1024" but don't know the code for monitor Hz which should be the one spazzing out, read somewhere that Doom asks Windows for info instead of the driver. But that's besides the point, still have the issue in Windows, its like it accepts the new driver but not the parameters in it if you know what i mean. No matter what driver i use it still shows all resolutions/frequencies.

Safe mode is no help so far because it disables any and all drivers and uninstalling and re-installing said driver makes no effect. Could it be the DVI-VGA adapter making the issue ? or is it simply a crappy monitor ?

EDIT: found that CRU program when i was looking for an oldie called Powerstrip, does that directly replace the ini on the driver or EDID firmware ? do i still have to re-install driver ?

No, its purely a 3rd party program that changes your windows registry settings I believe. Im not entirely sure how it works, but you do not need to reinstall drivers or anything like that. You DO have to RESTART your drivers when you set new profiles tho.

Back