• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[SOLVED] Old monitor resolution bug Win10

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kenrou

Wife got a crappy AG Neovo F-417 1280x1024 @75hz a few months back, which goes fine with her fx-4300/660ti but introduced a strange error in Win10, it cannot recognize the resolutions the monitor can take even when i installed the proper driver from the website and/or a windows generic 1280x1024 @75hz. Plus i have to use a VGA to DVI adapter. Result: display settings go all the way into 2560x1600 @170hz which makes the majority of games start with a black screen of "input out of range". Is there a fix or any way to remove the higher resolutions from the drivers or do i have to get her a new monitor ?

EDIT: found a nifty little program called CRU, allowed me to choose what resolutions to use - https://www.monitortests.com/forum/Thread-Custom-Resolution-Utility-CRU

Last edited:
Back