• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Loads of DDR2 kit and a E8400

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Geobuzby

Registered
Hi as you can see from my title i have loads of ddr2 kit and an E8400 sat about /ATI HD500 series GPU, 8gb of ram in 2z so i need four ram slots,what would be a good board to chuck this all in too?,,I have an Acer MRS600M here that will run it all with a D3.0ghz x2 but not the E 3.0x2

Moved this to Intel Motherboards. I don't know of an AMD E8400 :D

There aren't many new, good LGA775 motherboards out there. Your best bet would be to look at the used market for Gigabyte EP45 series boards or ASUS P5Q series boards. If you just need something to run at stock clocks, then any LGA775 should do fine.

As long as you don't post your own ebay links to try to sell your own items, then it's fine. You can always just post motherboard model numbers as well.

The typical good P45 chipset board goes for around $75-100 or so. The P5Q-E is the better board of the two you linked. The best Gigabyte boards would be EP45-UD3R, EP45-UD3P, or EP45-Extreme.

Its a lower model P5Q vs P5QE (models listed in the title, FYI, and they look different).

Are you overclocking or just need something to work? If the latter, just grab the cheapest board you linked or that Mattno posted and call it a day. Otherwise, heed his advice on the overclocking side of things.

I just want to use the E8400,HD 500 series card 6 gig of ram with 2 500gig 7200rpm drives to use as a home system for streaming flims to 3 rooms at the same time,dont think il be clocking it,but would be fun if i could...but the cheaper and better the better,last link is the cr*P*r one but will run what i got??

So no worry about the bios or anything,It will run the E8400 as is? cant find the info on its page about bios..Cheers

Cheers EartDog,How do i ask if you would plz,Some thing like Whats the bios date or is it CO or EO? sorry to sound noob...

Its ok, we all start somewhere. :)

Ask them what version of bios is installed in the board or even when it was purchased, the later it was purchased the better as it is more likely to have a later bios installed. The stepping of the CPU can be found by running it on a program called CPUz. There may be other ways, but that is how I would know to check.

On the CPU, there's a series of numbers/letters that will let you know the stepping too.

SLAPL = C0
SLB9J = E0

BIOS revision will be displayed during POST when you boot up.

Yea cheers will do,but this guy seams to sell it buy the bucket load,il msg and aask what bios is installed but he'l prob come back saying as is,so il ask also how old is it...:) I use CPUID but i ent got the CPU to do that,,the CPU's i have here is the d3.00ghz x2 and the E2.40ghz both run but they are conroe's

Last edited:
On the CPU, there's a series of numbers/letters that will let you know the stepping too.

SLAPL = C0
SLB9J = E0

Cheers but i dont have the CPU to test...how do i post my cpuidz

Last edited:

SLAPL = C0
SLB9J = E0

My E2220 is 65nm.level 2 cache 1mb,

Back