• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Lockdown help find this gem in loft

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

spiritedandy

Premium Member
Well bored lockdown went a rooting in loft found blast from past . Trying to get things sorted to get it working . Lots of boxes to go through . Found a 36 gb wd raptor drive hope that works sata !!! And memory 3500 geil spelling sry . And graphic card i cant remember it at all . Its got a barton cpu 2500. But i just found a box with 10 or more in . Just cable monitor . I powered it up fans lights came on . Fingers crossed its all working

Attachments

• 524974A0-D309-4A10-9577-45351E3E7529.jpeg
    524974A0-D309-4A10-9577-45351E3E7529.jpeg
    651.8 KB · Views: 171
  • 8F01AB5F-3995-4E56-914F-8DE8C0906C71.jpeg
    8F01AB5F-3995-4E56-914F-8DE8C0906C71.jpeg
    590.4 KB · Views: 170
Oh wow... memories. I loved the AXPs. Used to run a pair of them overclocked in a dual socket motherboard, a long long time ago ...

And, no bad caps that I can see, hooray! Asus of that era, used Chemi-con KZG series, which the ones manufactured close to that time, are known to bulge and leak in storage!

The Chemi-con KZG series caps on my 2004 Asus A7N8X-X were suddenly bulging and leaking when sitting in my room in the mid-2010s! Unfortunately, don't look like the KZG series will last as long as Rubycons usually do.

You lucked out, Rubies everywhere on your Abit NF7-S!

Last edited:
Omg I never thought about caps going off lol I just had a good look and all looks OK. Still waiting on converter . So fingers crossed I'll be scratching my head at bios screen tomorrow

Omg I never thought about caps going off lol I just had a good look and all looks OK. Still waiting on converter . So fingers crossed I'll be scratching my head at bios screen tomorrow

There are a common series from Chemi-con that are known to fail while sitting, usually visibly fail, too! Mine, did its version of Mount Vesuvius!

Oh man. I remember getting a shim for the CPU. This setup would have been the "BOSS". ATA 133 HDD from Maxtor. 4x AGP. Yeah. Great stuff. I had to recap a number of boards back in the day but this one does look to be fine.

Oh wow... memories. I loved the AXPs. Used to run a pair of them overclocked in a dual socket motherboard, a long long time ago ...

Indeed. :)

Attachments

• image_id_1816350.jpeg
    image_id_1816350.jpeg
    382 KB · Views: 111
  • image_id_1822034.png
    image_id_1822034.png
    474.9 KB · Views: 111
I gave up and donated my NF7-S2G to - OptyTrooper (IIRC the Member has since left) with several CPU's & Memory -> The board died from years of storage :facepalm: .. My fondness memory was playing with a AMD Duron 1.4GHz (Applebread Core) that I got to OC to ~ 1.7GHz...

I've still got a NF7-S and Barton 2500+ sitting in the garage. One of these day's I'll duster er off and see what she can do.

Look at you all reminiscing lol . Converter came yay all plugged in . Powered her up keyboard lights are on .mobo lights ,card,memory all lights on mobo fans ......but monitor remains blank
Going to have a rummage see if i can find spare card

But no picture :cry::cry::forecast:

- - - Auto-Merged Double Post - - -

I so want it to work now sigh

Last edited:
Might be better served looking for a monitor that has a VGA connector if that is all the card has. I keep a panel just in case with a VGA connector, converters can be hit or miss.

Well mates agp does not work .heatsink gets warm everything spinning lit up . So suppose next is a cheap vga monitor can get one for £20 suppose i cant leave this now . I so want it to work

That board is way to clean for one of those old NF7-S. It needs wires and pot volt mods running all over the place to look proper. I loved that board.

Could also get yourself a cheap old PCI graphics card to run on it.

:clap:agree when I had this I was starting out . Hence so clean . I've ordered monitor 25 squid so fingers crossed again it boots . If not I will be at a loss . Will be next week now . Aghhhh I cant take it 😫

Could also get yourself a cheap old PCI graphics card to run on it.[/QUOTE]

Pci i cant remember pci running on this . Slots different mmmm

- - - Auto-Merged Double Post - - -

Sorry i am double posting . Agghhhhh

Back