• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

LOG: TV Stand v1 (HQ Pic or 2)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I just noticed your google sketch I missed it yesterday I guess.

If you wanted to have that rounded leg look it would be pretty easy to just drop some pipe over the threaded rods and use each layer of wood to hold it fast.

Just have your pipe ID a fraction of an inch larger then the nuts

LMFAO thats actually my plan.

im just trying to find the right type of pipe that will go with the color of stain im gonna choose.

just be careful with the TV stand portion, both pics of the finished piece show some bowing in the center on the top long piece.

looks good otherwise.

yes thats what i mentioned, but i fixed that problem with mine.

You wont have that problem with a 1" thick piece of wood on the top, and you can still use the 1/2 or 3/4 wood for the middle and bottom.

As I suspected, that stain just makes it all that more...and the not-so-straight edge looks pretty good now.

How much curvature is there in that top shelf? Might just be the picture/angle, but it looks like there is a slight
dip in the center.

As I suspected, that stain just makes it all that more...and the not-so-straight edge looks pretty good now.

How much curvature is there in that top shelf? Might just be the picture/angle, but it looks like there is a slight
dip in the center.

the straight cut on mine will be fixt when i stain it.

there's a slight dip in the middle, noticeable really only when your sitting right in front, but that can easily be fixt when using a thicker board, adding a 2nd board and or shortening the length of the board.

here's a little suggestion ... to provide a better finish and cover the bolts get some pvc tubing of appropriate id and cut to height then take some cardboard cut to id of pvc and od of bolts for spacers ... spray paint black (or what ever color) and voila! nice finish to hide the rods

you can also use coupling nuts at top and bottom and instead of having nuts use counter sunk scres threaded to the couplers for the finis surfaces and for the feet casters

You wont have that problem with a 1" thick piece of wood on the top, and you can still use the 1/2 or 3/4 wood for the middle and bottom.

Very nice, simple and not too industrial. I do recommend either using a third long support in the middle to support both the bottom and the top or use 3/4" on the bottom and 1" on the top. Also, because of the bow, the all thread may want to bend over time so the third all thread (perhaps in back only) may be the best solution. Just my two cents...

Very nice, simple and not too industrial. I do recommend either using a third long support in the middle to support both the bottom and the top or use 3/4" on the bottom and 1" on the top. Also, because of the bow, the all thread may want to bend over time so the third all thread (perhaps in back only) may be the best solution. Just my two cents...

thats why i suggested a thick 1" peice of oak for the top or at least 2 peices of anything 3/4 or below..

Back