• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

longest ever had computer on??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I dont really bother keeping track of how long my computer stays but I think I may have hit one month once.

However gaming is another matter once I played RFO for around 3 days straight, and have hit two days multiple times when I used to play MMOs in high school.

Longest ever left on, 50 hours at DesertBash5 LAN in AZ.

Longest gaming, 48 hours at DesertBash5 LAN in AZ, only stopped for bathroom, food, SnoBawls/Bawls/Mountain Dew and the Award drawings.

Longest ever left on: I ran it all summer and only had one power outage in late July; my guess is around two months with no problems.

Longest time running a game: When I was helping my sister move, I left and forgot I had Oblivion running. I left at five in the morning and didn't come back to my computer until the next day at around ten.

Basically, 29 hours.

old pc went a month before it turned off(dont remember what the reason was)

this computer, turned off every night. too much heat to leave on 24/7. not too much for the computer, too much for the house. leave it on and the AC will never keep the room cool enough.

not to mention with water pump it chews through electricity even when it hibernates.

Probably around a month. I don't turn it off unless noise bugs me or something, which it hasn't at all lately. I reboot occasionally when I want to mess with settings or for whatever reason. Watercooled, too.

on for about 12 days straight...parents think it costs too much to run 24/7, but they were on vacation

gaming...about 18hours...part of my 36hours at a LAN....alot of jolt, then alot of sleep

Currently been on for 6 days now. But that's my best guess since that's how long Trillian says I've been online. I think it has actually been a little longer.

I used to never turn off my old computer, or it seemed like it. So like 4 months probably

And at least 12 hours at lan parties

Are we talking software uptime or just powering the hardware? All my rigs are 24x7, only coming down for hardware upgrades or maintenance. On average they are off about 6-8 days of of the year.

My main XP rig usually goes 14-30 days before rebooting, probably around 30-60 days for my DVR. (don't really keep track of it well) Server and IPCop box have both seen over 90 days of uptime, partially cause I only built them about 6-7 months ago and cause I moved recently. They're both on a battery backup, so I'm hoping for nearly a year of uptime!! (Currently on day 66, knock on wood)

nobluo said:
1--whats the longest you've ever gone without turning off your computer of even putting it on "sleep" mode??
Like 70 days.

nobluo said:
2--whats the longest time you've ever spent playing a game on your pc?
Like ten hours.

A couple of weeks. If I am gaming a lot I like to clear out the memory so its off and on after every session.

I never put it to sleep, only the monitor powers down. We like it to power up instantly.

I've only turned my computer off a handful of times since I got it 2 years ago. As for gaming, my longest was when I spent 36 hours straight playing Starcraft a few years ago. 10-15 hours per day is average for me when I'm not in school.

nobluo said:
zatrix sparked an interesting question on my mind. i know there was a thread he did about leaving his computer on for long periods of time.

this leads me to wonder...

1--whats the longest you've ever gone without turning off your computer of even putting it on "sleep" mode??

2--whats the longest time you've ever spent playing a game on your pc?

1. Two or three times since I moved into this apartment (over two years ago) I was late paying my electric bill and for some odd reason the jerks turned my power off. WTH DAMN THE MAN. Also, a few times I've had magic-smoke (not literally, but you get the idea) issues. Otherwise, my daily-driver machine is 24/7 on.

2. I used to play WoW. WAY too much. Two 60s, both in epics, one exalted with multiple bgs and wearing pvp rank gear... 'nuff said.

Ok, I also semi-recently purchased Stronghold 2 for $20 at best buy... I think the first day I installed it I ended up going to bed around 24 hours after I installed it, lol =p

Back