• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking for a 140mm fan with the highest static pressure

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Flagstang

Registered
[Title] because I have a 140 mm RAD with 20 FPI (HW-Labs Black Ice - GTX 140).
Furthermore, the rad is located in the bottom of my case, giving only 2 cm of ground clearance and the air can only exit to one side.

Therefore, I need a 140mm with as high static pressure as possible in 25mm thickness. I don't care about noise or color so there are many possibilities.

I found this thread when digging a bit: http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=713751

A lot of new 140 mm fans could've hit the market in the past 6 months. Does anyone really not know anything?

I just need the one with the most static pressure where noise is no concern. I'm no fan expert so I could be searching for weeks without finding any.

I also need a 120mm fan with a lot of CFM/static pressure since I have a metal dust filter installed on it. It should produce somewhere in the vicinity of the 38mm DELTA fans I've got now (but the fan should be 25mm)

No one reliable (like Martinsliquidlab.org) has tested 140mm fans. There are lots of fan reviews out there, I don't know of any recent ones since the newer 140s have come out. Sorry.

I can't wait forever, so I have ordered:

1x Prolimatech Aluminium Vortex Silver Wings, White LED - 140mm
1x Corsair Air Series SP120 High Performance Edition TWIN PACK, Blue

Those fans seem pretty good imo.

Feedback

the Alu vortex is bad when it comes to everything. It turns out that I had a Yate Loon fan installed already (forgot about it and thought it was some cheap fan). The Yate loon is pure boss in comparison. It moves more air and the static pressure needed to push it through the rad is also a lot higher apparantly.

For the 120mm fan, it turns out that it was a scythe I had installed already(again, thought it was a cheap no-name fan) when pulling it out of the case I accidently broke off one of the fan blades. Then I broke off the opposite blade hoping that it would become stabilized again. It didn't. Even so, the scythe still moved A LOT more air than the corsair fan.

I'm really really disappointed about these fans, but it's not like I can send them back (packaging destroyed), so I took out the 120mm fan I had installed in the front (the scythe/corsair) and put this aluminum fan in it's place. It moves more air than the corsair fan, but still less.

I think I'll just go with the top-brand fans next time I'm gonna build something. Those will never fail.

Back