• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking for a 200mm case fan

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Demon of Elru

Registered
I am looking to replace the stock 200mm intake fan my case came with. What is the recommended fan? I was looking at the Thermaltake Pro and Bit Fenix 200mm the Noctua NF-A20 also looks nice. I need something that moves around a lot of air.

I'm happy with the fan that came in my Phanteks. It's quiet, moves a lot of air, and has a pretty good range of adjustment through the BIOS-and my BIOS isn't known for a good fan control section ("It sucks" is the most common descriptor). It takes lots of incremental changes without a hiccup.

So is the fan in your Phanteks case available for purchase. A lot of those OEM case fans are not available retail.

110 CFM is the most i've seen on any 200mm fan - if accurate, i'm impressed

Silver Surfer posted about these in another thread, they're 180mm but decent CFM, far above the 40-50 cfm from the 200mm case fans

http://www.performance-pcs.com/silv...180mm-case-fan-w-adustable-speed-control.html

No the fans he listed have a higher CFM, especially the noctua. The one you listed has a high CFM only because it spins at 2,000 rpm. Thats 2.5 half times the limit of the fans he mentioned and 4x the speed they should be ran. Not really an equal comparison as the noise level would be insane. Those are meant for industrial setting, not really consumer pc building. My performance drop-off is at about 400-500 rpm with a 9900k w/ NH-15 and 2080ti FTW3. Above that thermals arent effected and its just extra noise. Unless your running a sli, my set-up is about the most wattage you can dump in case ATM. So I cant imagine a scenario of someone needing more then 800rpm (the max on fans op listed). On a consumer case 2000 rpm is over-kill.

@op Noctua fans have larger chasis that may not fit in a form fitting fan space. Like on my x31 the front grill is meshed around the fan so noctua doesnt fit but most others do.

The 3 most popular choices I've seen really depend on price.

Noctua is ugly but the best performer and longest lasting with a mid-tier price point @30$

Thermaltake first option has an impressive LED array but is costly at 50$.

Thermaltakes second option does not have PWM like the previous two so speed control is limited. Its cheaper with 4 blue leds in the middle. I have 4 of these and one died after two years. Its the cheapest at around 20$. They a similiar one without led for 15$.

All 200mm fans perform relatively the same at around 800 rpm. Performance difference is minute. The difference will be mostly rgb features with Noctua boasting better longevity.

- - - Auto-Merged Double Post - - -

https://www.microcenter.com/product/432438/pure-20-high-airflow-sleeve-bearing-200mm-case-fan

This claims 129 CFM. I was originally going to get this fan but am leaning towards Noctua or Phanteks.

Is this going on rad?

No that 200mm would be going on the side panel.

And thank you for the information! I'll probably just get the Noctua because it gives me piece of mind.

Last edited:
Back