• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking for a good controller to use on PC for emulation and other games.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Vishera

I used third party controllers on PC a majority of my life, and now that yet another one has **** the bed on me, I wanna get a proper first party controller, or at least a "high quality" third party one. Anyone got some ideas on where to look, what to buy? I'd like to keep it $60 or less, though I'll take suggestions for ones priced higher than that just in case I decide to buy them.

I used third party controllers on PC a majority of my life, and now that yet another one has **** the bed on me, I wanna get a proper first party controller, or at least a "high quality" third party one. Anyone got some ideas on where to look, what to buy? I'd like to keep it $60 or less, though I'll take suggestions for ones priced higher than that just in case I decide to buy them.

I personally only play games with a controller on Pc. My personal preference is the dual shock 4 V2 with http://ds4windows.com.
It turns the dual shock 4 into a virtual xbox 360 controller with no noticeable input lag.

The reason I use this setup, DS4Windows allows you to remap any button on the controller to anything even macros.

Either an Xbox or PS4 controller will be fine for you. Depending on preferences and such with regard to shape and dpad type etc

I have 4x Xbox 360 wireless remotes and the only downside is how fast they run through batteries. I've had these same 4 controllers for about 6-7 years with no issues.

I have 4x Xbox 360 wireless remotes and the only downside is how fast they run through batteries. I've had these same 4 controllers for about 6-7 years with no issues.

That’s why I use the PS4 V2 I have two I swap around. When one dies Usually it’s time for bed. I can easily get 8hrs of playtime from a full charge.

I have a dock which charges them. So simply just swap when one dies.

Can’t you used rechargeable batteries with Xbox 360 controllers

Either an Xbox or PS4 controller will be fine for you. Depending on preferences and such with regard to shape and dpad type etc

That's what I was looking at, seems like the best option. Only problem is finding wired versions. Anyone know if these can be plugged in for wired use with the charging cables?

That's what I was looking at, seems like the best option. Only problem is finding wired versions. Anyone know if these can be plugged in for wired use with the charging cables?

I know the PS4 controllers can. I don’t play wired though. I feel the connection is a bit to fragile to handle my outbursts.

I use a wired 360 controller. I believe both can be plugged in and work that way though.

I use a wired 360 controller. I believe both can be plugged in and work that way though.
I was also using a wired 360 controller. Started having stick issues. So for now I am using my Xbox Elite with my PC. Using a micro USB cable to connect. I'm actually happier with the 360 controller than my Elite.

Back