• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

looking for a wireless router

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dkitt10

basically I got my grades back and my parents are allowing me to by a wireless router for our exsiting wired adsl connection

now which ro9uter would suit me

-id like connection all over our house we have a medium sized house with basment and upstairs
the router would be down stairs and my main concern is to have connection throughout the entire basment and I have a place to put it so its in the middle of the house

-id like a router that i could use for playing counter strike and not lag out or have any internet lag due to my wireless

i was thinking about the D-Link DI-624 and use a dlink card in my laptop to enable 108 mb/s instead of 54 mb/s

will this one suit me?

I have a D-link 614+ and its great, i was worried about range and purchased a larger antenna for like $20 and no problems at all. Im sure the regular antenna would work fine but i never gave it a chance.

Dre

but wat about speeds for gaming???

and I ahve this:

PC Card Type
1 Type I/II/III PC Card slot
with support for 32-bit CardBus

that'll work? ty

it's been my experience that all the products which claim to run at 108 are notoriously finicky. Personally, I'd rather go with a top of the like 802.11g router, like the Linksys WRT54G. I especially like this router because its firmware is upgradeable to a few hacked versions, which allow range to be boosted and advanced security features to be enabled.

Back