• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking for alternatives to Antec P183 / P193

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jbl

Registered
I'm just looking for case suggestions for my build. Right now I have a P182 and since I'm selling my current machine, I need a new case.

I like this kind of design too.. clean and all.

I'm interested in the P193 but I'm wondering what else there is out there.

The Corsaid 800D seems too big.. and it's a bit over my budget..

Also, does Lian Li have anything interesting in the +/- 200$ budget?

edit: the machine will be air cooled and I want to overclock an i7-960 so I need a cool case.

Last edited:
Depends a lot on your needs and what you like.

You said this will be air cooled so something with great airflow and filters would be a nice start imo.

Some of the cases I have seen to be popular are;

Corsair Series (800,600, ect)
HAF X
Lian-Li PC-A77F
ect

The 800D is an "ok" case. . . I had one for about a year then replaced it with a MM.

HAF X and Lian-Li are good choices with plenty of options should you decide you mod it at all later in the cases life. I don't have any personal experience with either case, just what I read online around the forums.

About the P193, I don't have personal experience on it. . . so I am not sure how the fan configurations are other than the 3 exhausts and the 200mm which I am assuming is the intake for the case.

Corsair 650D - All the great features of the 800D, but in a mid tower. I'll be buying one soon.

Silverstone FT01 - Case I have now. Very clean, very good cooling. Only changing because I've had it for almost 2 years, and want something new.

Fractal Design R3 - A case similar to the P182. Never used it, and has to be ordered from Canada (if you're in the US), but have read a lot of great thing about it.

Edit: Fractal Design cases can now be gotten on NewEgg. Plus, we have a great review right here on site :)

Last edited:
Hmm I think I ended my choice on the 650D.. I need that hot swap thing on top of the case, not as good as the 800D but.. I gotta stop somewhere.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong but the 800D seems to be better for watercooling.. The 2 200mm fans of the 650D seems more interesting for my air cooling needs.

In the same boat as the OP.

The cases I'm looking at:
Fractal design r3
Fractal design arc

I'm looking for something not too over the top in looks (nice, simple, clean), has good cooling, and around similar pricing to those listed above (and the P183).

All the other choices mentioned so far are a tad expensive :(

Back