• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking for assistance with CrossfireX

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tokae

Greetings all,

Due to some recent tests, it seems that my Crossfire performance is suffering. I had ran a test, more specifically a benchmark for a friend ( Final Fantasy xiv) and came out with what I thought were respectable results:

cpu: 980x @ 4.6ghz
gpus: 2 x 6970s @ 950 / 1425 mhz

My initial score was 8566 (1920 x 1080).

ffivbench.jpg

After talking with some others who have ran the benchmark, it sounds like I am quite low as to where I was supposed to be. I had mentioned that I was running the benchmark while still displaying information on my 2nd screen and that was thought to be part of the issue. I disabled the 2nd screen (I actually unhooked it from the pc) and had windows detect which displays were running afterwards.

My new score ended up at 8918.

It was then suggested that I try each card by itself to see how they performed.

6970-1.jpg

and

6970-2.jpg

were the results.

If both cards are getting 5k+ in this benchmark, does 8918 sound low? Scaling wise, thats a loss of 10.1% roughly.

Each time I tried the benchmark, I used driversweeper, rebooted, and installed CCC with 11.8 drivers. If anyone else with dual 6xxx cards would like to try the benchmark, please do! I would like to compare the results if possible to another system.

Benchmark can be found here: http://www.finalfantasyxiv.com/media/benchmark/na/

To use SLI or Crossfire, you have to copy a file called d3d9.dll into the Data directory and rename FFXivWinBenchmark.exe to either 3DMark06.exe (for ATI users) or Crysis.exe (for nVidia users).

It can be found here: http://translate.google.com/transla...seesaa.net/article/153685727.html&sl=ja&tl=en

By doing this, you can run the test in fullscreen mode and therefore use Crossfire or SLI.

Also if anyone has any suggestions as to how to install the cards and get their maximum performance including Crossfire tips, that would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you.

Those scaling numbers look good to me. I followed the instructions and tried to run the benchmark but all I got was a C++ Runtime error.

Holy crap... 90% scaling and there is a complaint? Man I wish I read this in the thread you hijacked I wouldnt have said to create anything.

Looks good! Thats incredible scaling!!!!

Sorry I didn't mean I was gettng scaling errors but it seems that my numbers should be higher?

I don't mind at all, in fact, here is how to run dual GPU's on the benchmark.
open up the FFXIV Benchmark folder, the open the data folder and rename "FFXivWinBenchmark" to 3DMark06

Next Download this:
http://translate.google.com/transla...seesaa.net/article/153685727.html&sl=ja&tl=en

Extract it and place it inside the data folder where you renamed the file. Then run the benchmark using what you just renamed and it should screen wrap and use both GPU's.

If you've done this and still got 8566 then that doesn't seem right, a couple of 6870's not overclocked can hit 8500 with no problem, the 6970's should be atleast 20% better.

This is from the other thread.

When I ran this test I had my 980x @ 4.6ghz and the cards overclocked to 950 /1425. My ram was at 7-8-7-21 1T @ 1.61

I would assume that as Kohta said that perhaps I should be getting somewhere around 11k (5700 per card assuming 10% scaling). Does that sound right?

Those scaling numbers look good to me. I followed the instructions and tried to run the benchmark but all I got was a C++ Runtime error.

Did you put the dll in the data folder? and then you have rename the .exe within the data folder to 3DMark06.exe and run that one..

Back