• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking for GA-7N400-L Volt Mods!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dropline

Anyone know of any VMod links for Giga-Byte 7N400-L?

I have looked everwhere and even used search and google. I am mostly looking for VDimm but VCore will follow behind soon also.

Thanks,

Well I found what chips it taking care of VDimm.

It looks like a Mosfet with 5 legs, I verified this with MultiMeter and it goes up and down with my VDimm changes so I know I am in the right spot.

The numbers on the chip are “e32DA” and “1581M” I did not find either of them but did find something close that seems to match up when I probe mine with MultiMeter.

Here is what I found FAN1581

My Question is now; do I just add the POT like in all the other VMods I have read about to the “VSense” (Remote Voltage Sense.) and hook the other end to ground?

I know what to DO just not where to do it.

Hmm.. maybe there is a reason nobody did a VoltMod on this board. I think I killed it.

Everytime I boot it says...

""
Scanning BIOS Image in Hard Drive ...

Unknown Flash Memory !
Can not Find BIOS Image in Hard Drive !
""

This is Girlfriends PC she going to be mad in the morning. :(

Last edited:
Please don't tell me you put the volt mod on that chip...

It's nothing to do with VDDR regulation: it's a bus termination regulator designed to sink current at the end of the DDR bus. Voltage regulator chips are typically 8 or more legs in a small surface-mount package.

How did you manage to do that to it? It isn't dead, because a) it's booting and b) it's performing some basic functions. Have you tried resetting the CMOS? I can't think of why the BIOS would try to look for an image on the HD. It may be a sort of last-ditch attempt at finding a BIOS file when the BIOS is semi-corrupted, if so then there is hope :)

I tried everything I could find to get it back and running, Made the Boot disk like Award talks about, Tried the hotkey to force it to check floppy and a few other things.

I am going to Hold off on this till I find info on someone else doing it. My RAM has BH5 Chips so one day I hope to get them to 2.9v or even 3.0v and see if they are really that much better.

Back