• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking for good AM3 Mobo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sony190

I am looking for a good AM3 mobo preferably AMD to go with my AMD CPU
150 budget to cover everything including ram
with be using everything else in sig

Are there any AM3+ mobos with onboard video ?
No my CPu is AM3 but could use another anyway will check out the Fx line like you mentioned

Are there any AM3+ mobos with onboard video ? = NO not on 99x mobos and there will not be any 1xxx mobos with onboard video either. AMD has APU now for cpu and video on the same mobo from same chipset/cpu.

Mobo companies have gotten FX to work on 890 chipset motherboards, but I honestly think there is still a difference between 890 and 990 for FX processors, no matter how often FX processor is used on 890 boards. Call it intuition.

How long has the FX990 chipset been out ?
here is the thing I am using DVI D for video on a extention line of 25feet I believe not sure of specs on that. I have gotten use to conserving energy unless gaming and really would like on board video , is there a converter for HDMI to DVI D ?

Warranty important also

Last edited:
That board right there is not a 990GX nor is it an 890GX board it is an older 790 chipset series board if you look at the specs.
960GM-GS3 FX
That 960 designation is not actually real as in indicating a 9xx chipset.

So none of the 900 chipset boards have a floppy or Ide connector how are updates done, like if I wanted to raid 2 drives in win XP ?
Also the box says that the Hypertransport works at 4800 MHz and my cpu works at 5200 MHz how is it that it can work in this board

Last edited:
IF the 550Be is the cpu you want to use on new AMD mobo with onboard video then look for 890GX mobo with what YOU need on it and get that. 890GX boards do not fully support newer FX processor but you are wanting to hold onto the idea of onboard video. Well AMD has moved to an APU for onboard video and beginning with the 990 chipset AMD will n0 longer have onboard video on their enthusiast desktop chipsets and cpu.

Personally there is no reason that I can actually see to move to another mobo just for a 550BE cpu that you already have at 3.9Ghz. No real performance reason anyway.

Back