• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking for some feedback on Asus P8Z77-M motherboard

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Toshvan

Registered
Since Asus doesn't have any Z75 motherboards I am looking at Asus P8Z77-M as a cheap Z solution for my computing needs. Can anybody share some experience with this motherboard, stability and overclocking-wise?

I know it has only 4+1 VRM, but I only intend to do 4.2-4.4MHz overclock so I guess that shouldn't bother me too much. The board doesn't have Asus TPU but I don't mind that ether, since I prefer to do my overclocking manually.

Other parts are: i-2500K CPU and use a pair of RAM sticks from Mushkin (997000 - 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 PC3-12800 7-8-7-24 Redline).

Tnx. Not a very good score, I kinda missed that one even as I was reading the PRO version reviews (there are no P8Z77-M reviews out there).

Even worse the board I'm looking for isn't the PRO version. Asus P8Z77-M has only 4+1 VRM and I guess is even worse overclocker than the PRO board. However I only intend to do a mild overclock (4.2-4.4MHz) and that on a 2500K CPU which should OC cooler than an Ivy Bridge CPU.

The thing is, the budget is very limited and it's further limited to fact that the choice has to be a Asus motherboard (don't ask why). :)
As I'm not looking to break any OC records, I'm not concerned about the limited UEFI options for CPU PLL voltage. Nor I miss the auto-overclock options. I only want to get to 4.2-4.4MHz as cheap as possible on a Asus board and P8Z77-M seems to be a option.

There are no reviews for Asus P8Z77-M and I wanted to see what to see what other people's experiences are. This seems to be the right place to ask this, since this is the only place I ever see this motherboard even mentioned.

I would gladly get that ASRock, and save me the cost of having to buy new CPU cooler (asrock is compatible with LGA775 coolers). But alas, that model of asrock is not available in my country (Macedonia).
So I'm kinda limited to what Asus has to offer. :-/

Tnx for the reviews link, I've red those and also most I was able to find on Z77 on X-bit Labs and various other websites. It's very good, but my budget (and the market in my country) seems to be limiting me to Asus P8Z77-M board.

Last edited:
Well just look through the list i posted read the reviews on the ASUS Boards and choose one! AJ.

If that's the case your limited to a stock build and maybe a mild OC, But as the OP here its your call or decision?

Last edited:
Ajay57, it seems I edited my post as you were writing yours... :)
I don't have much choice, and I am satisfied with mild oveclock but I'd love to hear some actual experiences. Mild overclock is fine, stability and other problems are not. Asus is reputable manufacturer but you never know in this price range... :)

@ArmagedOn @dfwbmw @Gh0sT-NoVa
Hey guys, sorry to call you up, but you are the only ones in these forums that have Asus P8Z77-M. :)

Can you please tell me how do you like the motherboard, is it stable, does it have any problems...?
I seen in another thread that ArmagedOn and dfwbmw managed some descent overclocks. Did that turn up stable, anything to share?

Back