• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking for the right mp3 and/or ogg player.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
yeah, i've heard a lot of people use the ex-71. they're popular on ilounge. obviously you can always spend more money, and then shures or etymotics would be good choices, but the ex-71 is one of the better "in between" headphones. the shure e2c or the etymotic er-6 are kindof the next level, and they're at least double the price.

from a quick glance at ilounge, it appears the internals of the sony EX51 are rumored to be the same as the EX71, the only difference being the ex71 has a shorter cord and then an extension (which makes them perfect if you use an armband with the shorter cable while still able to do the pocket with the extension). not sure though.

zip22 said:
yeah, i've heard a lot of people use the ex-71. they're popular on ilounge. obviously you can always spend more money, and then shures or etymotics would be good choices, but the ex-71 is one of the better "in between" headphones. the shure e2c or the etymotic er-6 are kindof the next level, and they're at least double the price.

from a quick glance at ilounge, it appears the internals of the sony EX51 are rumored to be the same as the EX71, the only difference being the ex71 has a shorter cord and then an extension (which makes them perfect if you use an armband with the shorter cable while still able to do the pocket with the extension). not sure though.

true but i hate the fit of the ex51,71,81 they are half in your ear and feel like they will fall out. not very secure thats hwy i just reccomend spending hte xtra money to get the e2c

i've been using sharp md33's for probably close to a year now, and i love them. they cost me only $40. the sq is very nice out of my zen micro, and with them on and music playing i can't hear ANYTHING that's going on around me.

I don't want to spend too much because my hearing is not that great. I can hear things fine, but I have a little trouble distinguishing between slightly differnet tones. Since I'm using these for running, I'm not sure I want total isolation.

my dad got me the creative zen micro plus 1GB and its exactly what i need.
its small and sturdy (i run with it and leave it in my pocket all day long) and has a built in mic and fm radio.
i just really like it because its well built and i havent had any problems with it.

Back