• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking for TV suggestions, 50 inches or less.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Vishera

My mother's looking to buy a new TV, and I'm a bit out of my element on this one. I want to steer her towards something that's gonna last, and even if she likely won't know enough to appreciate it, something with good picture quality (I'll be using it too, after all). She wants 4k, and if at all possible, I want it to have true HDR support and maybe OLED? I'm not sure how much OLED improves things, and I've heard the old issues of burn in are once again a concern with those, so maybe not. As far as budget goes, she didn't really specify, but I can't see her dropping more than $700-$800 on a TV, so I'll draw the line there. But if anyone has secondary recommendations outside of that range, I'd be happy to hear those as well.

OLED gives the truest black but many LED TV's have a grid that will shut off small portions of the back lighting if the spot on the TV averages out to be dark enough. It's a technology that I appreciate. I have my eye on the following TV:
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/hisens...tv-smart-led-with-hdr/6404056.p?skuId=6404056

Reasons that I like it:
Android smart TV. I can install many apps via the google store. I got burnt on an older Visio with a propriatary OS that aged out of Netflix and Amazon Prime and didn't support Plex.
4K HDR
Bluetooth so that I can use bluetooth headphones and blast the TV without keeping the house up.
Low cost but I have been waiting for the cost to go down. This would be a secondary TV in my office and I can wait.
Connect via wireless and Ethernet. I prefer to connect via ethernet and this TV does both.

Back