• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking to do a relatively simple overclock on this build - need advice please.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dejocko

Hello,

The last time I overclocked was about 5 years ago and I haven't been paying attention or researching parts to much until I recently ordered a new computer. I would really like to get to 4-4.1ghz without changing voltage.

I am somewhat familiar with bios settings and confident I can get to the multiplier and where I make the changes.

But to be honest I do not understand "LC" and any voltage changes I would need to make and I think that is where I would need help.

This is my build:

PSU: Thermaltake 850 Watt W0319RU
MotherBoard: Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
Processor: AMD FX 8120
Video Card: XFX AMD Radeon HD 7850 - 2GB
RAM: 2 x4GB G.Skill Ripjaws X
Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H60 Liquid CPU Cooling System

Would any voltage changes in bios be necessary? I've been doing alot of reading and from what I can tell...

1.385V
200FSB
Change multiplier to hit that 4.1?

Thanks in advance.

Change multiplier to hit that 4.1? = Try it and see. We cannot know if your particular piece of silicon will do 4.1 with Stock/Default voltages. Only testing to see will show the truth of stock voltage being enough for 4.1Ghz.

should be able to hit 4.1 just on the milti. stock install voltage is 1.375.

Back