• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking to get a new internal radiator

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dapman02

Alright, so now is the time for me to get a new radiator, so I can have my CPU loop all internal. I would like to get a 2x140mm rad, but it will conflict with my motherboard (things that stick up like RAM), so looks like I'm stuck with w 2x120mm solution. What would be the best way to handle this, so I can get close to the same performance as my 3x120mm radiator. I would like to keep it under $100.00 for now, but if I have to add another 120mm radiator later, I'm not afraid.

The BI Stealth is an older design. Not great flow and not a great cooler. Black Ice Xtreme is the newer one. needs louder fans though.

I really like the MCR series, can you fit a 220 and a 120?

how old is the rad and how much you thinking? going to put it in the classifieds?

Well, almost right after me posting, someone sent me a PM (Axis I think)
If that falls through thank I'll put it in the classifieds
Stuff like this is best exchanged through PM's though :p

So I got my 1x120mm radiator today, I couldn't wait to see how it performed, so I took out my 3x120mm radiator and put this internally.
Boy am I suprised, it's not even done bleeding and I'm getting 47 degrees!
that's full load, 3.8Ghz PHenom II 1.55V
Makes me excited to get my 2x120mm on wednesday

wow, i hope thats made for what not to do...

so many things where to start>?!

1. resize pics please
2. kinks!!!!
3. no clamps on parts
4. KINKS...
5. is that hardware store tubing?? looks like it. get masterkleer at the very least.

Praise Jebus!
Hail Alan!

make it stop.

rewind buddy, rewind.
think you need to be draining that loop `n be having a minute :)

pleased we got pics!

wow, i hope thats made for what not to do...

so many things where to start>?!

1. resize pics please
2. kinks!!!!
3. no clamps on parts
4. KINKS...
5. is that hardware store tubing?? looks like it. get masterkleer at the very least.

1. Will do
2. Consider this a "beta build", I won't try until I get my other RAD in
3. I know, I'm still looking where I put my other clamp, but where the T-line is is the only clampless place
4. See 2
5. Eh, it seems to work well for me so far. I will pick some up on my next order (a week or two)

I forgot to mention this is a SHORT TERM build. All issues will be addressed wednesday when I get my 2x120 swiftech. I didn't want to put a tone of work into this, I didn't even think that this single rad would handle it at all.

that T doesnt look as though the pipes are even on it enough!
there supposed to have the pipe material locate right up to the collar/lip and the ends of the pipe always cut square on.
that way when located it stops any small amounts of seaping by using it as designed.

there a fight to locate right but thats the point :)

really fresh boiled water for the pipe ends just soften an inch or so and wet both surfaces before having a go.

that T doesnt look as though the pipes are even on it enough!
there supposed to have the pipe material locate right up to the collar/lip and the ends of the pipe always cut square on.
that way when located it stops any small amounts of seaping by using it as designed.

there a fight to locate right but thats the point :)

really fresh boiled water for the pipe ends just soften an inch or so and wet both surfaces before having a go.

that's exactly what i thought when i first saw the pic.
it was on my list but i looked closer and you can see the tubing on it all the way. it's just the coolant playing tricks.

1. Will do
2. Consider this a "beta build", I won't try until I get my other RAD in
3. I know, I'm still looking where I put my other clamp, but where the T-line is is the only clampless place
4. See 2
5. Eh, it seems to work well for me so far. I will pick some up on my next order (a week or two)

I forgot to mention this is a SHORT TERM build. All issues will be addressed wednesday when I get my 2x120 swiftech. I didn't want to put a tone of work into this, I didn't even think that this single rad would handle it at all.

you can get 10 feet of masterkleer 7/16" tubing for only $4.90 at jabtech, plus shipping. it would not kink in the bends you have.

glad to hear it's only a short term thing but i would really look into better tubing. there is a huge difference.

Back