• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Losing free space

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Straight from TVersity

As I play content that is transcoded by the media server prior to delivering it to the target device, my free hard drive space seem to decrease
The TVersity Media Server manages a cache area of transcoded content. You can control the size of the cache area by modifying the server settings in the TVersity GUI, and you can also delete its content and reclaim your disk space when you need to. All the files in the cache area are temporary files created from some source media in your library in a format that your target device can handle. These temporary files exist in order to allow a more efficient operation of the software, for that reason, you can feel free to delete them whenever you see fit, however doing so will require them to be recreated the next time you play their source media. Moreover some configuration changes won’t take effect for cached media since they come into play only when the temporary files are created, in such cases it is necessary to delete these temporary files.

Thanks for all you're help :) This saved me a huge headache.

Back