• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Lost my pump last night

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Witchdoctor

Running some laps on MS7 last night and started to look like it was dropping frames followed by the dreaded electrical motor melt down smell :(

Sure enough got out of the game and CPU was in the high 80's and low 90's :facepalm:

Just got done with this build not to long ago, guess I had it coming as this is the 3rd build I used it on, going on 6 years old

It was a EK DDC 3.2 PMW Elite (RIP) :rain:

It has been a reliable pump until now, guess I am just going to do a straight replacement so I don't have to rework all the piping

That sucks Witchy. I'm glad nothing else died in the process.

Update: The EK DDC pump I bought from you a few years ago is still working but I've been considering retiring it just because of its age.

Last edited:
Wow Witchy that sux big time. I remember losing a pump (Corsair Branded D5) in the middle of gaming. I'm over here ripping the game apart, then I hear the god awful squeal and I thought it was part of the game sound! Rig shut down and i found the culprit by the smoke/smell.

Good luck with the replacement!

Question: Don't those DDC's overheat/ run hot?

Yea it bites

Yes they do run hot, the elite series has a heat sink on the underbelly of the pump I recommend paying the extra or use aftermarket heat sink

The upside is they are silent, and being they favor pressure over volume it makes them a great choice for loops with a lot of restriction.

got two day shipping and the mothers day discount from PCS , hope to be back up and running soon,

Have to fly out to Detroit on Thursday so won't be able to install until I get home :(

Good Luck in Detroit. No, really, Good Luck. LOL

On a more serious note, PM if you have the time to meet up for dinner, maybe catch up a little.

Pump came in
Installing tomorrow
Hopefully none of my hardware was adversely affected

Has a great time
Great to see Blaylock !!!

Fingers crossed.

Agreed, was a really good time. I hope we can do it again some time.

Back