• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

lots of dual t-bird questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rewind_rob

This is probably a shot in the dark but. in my pile of computer parts i have came across a 1.2ghz tbird and a 1ghz tbird.

i know next to nothing about the tbird. i got into hardware when the athlon XP was just being released. (the 1700 XP was my first self made computer) well i came across these chips and i have some questions.

obviously i want to run dual tbirds at 1ghz. the one chp is 1.2 and the one is 1ghz. is this possible? if so what mobo would i have to get to make this happen? i've never had a dually. i never been around one either so this project is for fun basically. if i end up using the machine a lot i might just end up putting AMD MPs into it but i thats far off.

It is very unlikely that the T-birds will run at all in SMP. If you are to try, though, pick up an Asus A7M266-d rev 1.04 board. You also need to "code" the 1.2 to run as a 1.0 or vice versa. You may also have to code the fsb on one as well as there were 100 fsb birds and 133 ones.
Refer here for more answers sticky

humm SMP has always been a fun thing for me to do. i remember someone telling me to wait for dual core but they are soooo much. i always want to run game servers and such. having a back up SMP computer sure would be really great.

With no doubt teh Tyan S2460 MP chipset will run t birds.And I am sure a couple of MPX will as well.

Having 2 different speeeds is NOT an issue so long as you toss the slower CPU into the number 1 socket on the main board.

A long ago forgotten fact is that the T-Bird was the processor used to develope the MP chipset....:)

Back