• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Low clock challenge! Superpi 32M @4Ghz!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Have you tried the bulldozer conditioner on the APU Woomack ? I don't know if it works or not but it was made for the FX family which that APU is based on. It's mostly just curiosity on my part. If it does work it'll really improve your score.

Yes I used it. Result without conditioner ~22 mins. There is only one option available on APU but at least it's the one most important. Well I made only this one result and tomorrow RMA ...
Results on APU seem about 1 min worse than on FX. That's why I said it's probably because of lack of L3 cache and some other changes.
One thing which is great and I wasn't expecting is pretty good temp and I was able to set at least 4.5GHz on stock cooler. 4.7GHz was working but later I found out that throttling is turning on after couple of mins full load on all cores.

That's still a decent clock for the stock cooler. I read about your " mishap" in the putzen thread, that's a bummer. Still good to know that the conditioner does work on these.

Have you tried the bulldozer conditioner on the APU Woomack ? I don't know if it works or not but it was made for the FX family which that APU is based on. It's mostly just curiosity on my part. If it does work it'll really improve your score.

The conditioner works with all Vishera core chips but has no effect on Zambezi chips.

Since I don't own any APU's I'm guessing the early APUs would be the same as Zambezi and later ones being like Vishera with it.
I'm just guessing here with the APUs - Could be it works with all of them, you'll have to try it and see.

CADDI DADDI|INTEL|4790K|WATER|07M 57.224S

just had to give this a go with my first intel rig!!!

Attachments

• supe pi 4.JPG
    supe pi 4.JPG
    115.7 KB · Views: 191
manny this is all new to me, right now if i set the timings manualy it's a no post and nobody will be able to dig me out of this from far away.

manny this is all new to me, right now if i set the timings manualy it's a no post and nobody will be able to dig me out of this from far away.

Just setting them manually to exactly where they are set now it will not post? Now that's strange! Oh and just a heads up C/D, from what I've learned with these Intel chips is you need to be a bit more delicate with them then the AMD's. They don't like being hit with the C/D Everclear sledge hammer all that much. ;)

man, you gots to be easy wid dat love juice on these things, go just a bit to far with the vcore and they go unstable regaurdless of the clock.

it just wont boot with the timings set manualy, I'm going to mess with it a bit more and then try other ram.

I would try CD to get the OC solid and stable @ 3.9 or 4.0 after that you can play with the Ram timings. You could then dial it in some more, but with these Intel you have to go more slowly than with AMD!

Try looking in the Ram section that Woomack does to see if he has your Ram and if he has tested it + Overclocked it. Then there would be a set of timings already done for you to go for, its much easy to do than go blind by yourself.

AJ.

PolRoger | Intel | G3420 | water | 7m 44.226s

Attachments

• Pentium 4.0GHz SuperPi 32M.PNG
    Pentium 4.0GHz SuperPi 32M.PNG
    43.4 KB · Views: 158
Nice one. Did you try any higher memory clock ? Probably 2600/2666 10-12-12 will give better results.

Nice one. Did you try any higher memory clock ? Probably 2600/2666 10-12-12 will give better results.

No... Not with this chip but I've got a new board in transit (Z97OCF) so I'm expecting that I'll be testing it some more. :)

PolRoger | Intel | 4790K | water | 7m 39.226s

Attachments

• i7-4790K 4.0GHz SuperPi 32M 7-39-250.PNG
    i7-4790K 4.0GHz SuperPi 32M 7-39-250.PNG
    65.5 KB · Views: 104
Back