• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Low profile cooler for a small form factor build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Is it the RAM? It's only 152.x mm which is below your stated height limitation.

Is it the RAM? It's only 152.x mm which is below your stated height limitation.

No, it's 159mm tall: http://www.coolermaster.com/cooling/cpu-air-cooler/hyper-212-evo/

Raident30, what we need to know about is the CPU model. We need to get an idea of how much heat it will produce before we can recommend a cooler.

In fact, please list your components in a Signature. To create a Signature (or "Sig") click on Settings in the upper right corner of any forum page and scroll down the left side and click on Edit Signature. You can refer to mine if you want guidance as to what we like to see. The Sig will travel with every post you make. Pleas make sure you included the case make and model.

Also, If you need to show us pictures, please don't link them. Rather, attach them directly to the post using the forum tool. Click on Go Advanced in the lower right corner of any new or old post window you are working with. Links have a way of disappearing over time and besides, to see the pic with the post is much more convenient for those helping you.

I see that you are in the Philippines. It's very hot there. Will the PC be in an air conditioned environment?

This one is very good: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIAADY4B02497

What is your budget for this cooler purchase?

Last edited:
No, it's 159mm tall: http://www.coolermaster.com/cooling/cpu-air-cooler/hyper-212-evo/

Raident30, what we need to know about is the CPU model. We need to get an idea of how much heat it will produce before we can recommend a cooler.

In fact, please list your components in a Signature. To create a Signature (or "Sig") click on Settings in the upper right corner of any forum page and scroll down the left side and click on Edit Signature. You can refer to mine if you want guidance as to what we like to see. The Sig will travel with every post you make. Pleas make sure you included the case make and model.

Also, If you need to show us pictures, please don't link them. Rather, attach them directly to the post using the forum tool. Click on Go Advanced in the lower right corner of any new or old post window you are working with. Links have a way of disappearing over time and besides, to see the pic with the post is much more convenient for those helping you.

I see that you are in the Philippines. It's very hot there. Will the PC be in an air conditioned environment?

This one is very good: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIAADY4B02497

What is your budget for this cooler purchase?

i get 28-30 degrees on idle and about 67 degrees max temp on gaming.. i only game and do not do extensive cpu heavy applications.

sorry for that, sig fixed..

im gaming on a airconditioned room. 22-24 degrees ambient temperature.

a max of 50$, i think that noctua NH-L9x65 fits all of my requirements. thanks for the suggestion!

If your CPU temp tops out at only 67 degrees on the stock Intel cooler, why do you want to replace it? Anything under 90c is perfectly safe.

A lot of overclockers would love to have temps as low as yours.

A lot of overclockers would love to have temps as low as yours.

Yup, especially in a smaller case with smaller HSFs. I mean, my 2600 build sits in the low 80s under prime95, and that's after tearing it apart over the weekend and re-arranging things :shrug: (Actually debating if I should take out the noctua heatsink and put in the Wraith cooler that came with the CPU, as it'll put the CPU fan right up against the top vent and not have half the heatsink exhaust blocked by the RAM, but I'm talking to myself now lol).

Last edited:
Since we are on the subject of low profile coolers I just wanted to add something to the list. This isn't going to be in the same class as the thermalright listed above but for an ultra low form factor build, it really can't be beat.

reeven 1.PNG
reeven 2.PNG

EDIT: Looks like this is out of stock at the moment...

Last edited:
Not sure where OP purchases parts from. He lives in the Philippines. The Intel stock cooler is better than I lot of people give it credit for. They are almost always adequate to prevent throttling on those CPUs they ship with.

If OP is going to upgrade then I would like to see him get something enough better to make it worth it.

From just looking at the pics he posted I'm thinking another issue might be poor case ventilation. With air cooling a CPU, good case ventilation is a must.

Oh I didn't even check to see where he lived. I'm pretty sure its warm and humid there. If no overclocking is going to be involved other than their turbo the stocker should be ok.. those intels can run pretty warm if you let em.

Hey guys, im always gaming on an airconditioned room so my room temperature always sits at 22-24 degrees celsius..

that reeven and thermalright looks good... i'll try looking for those on the local market. im kinda staying away from newegg.. shipping alone sometimes costs 20-30 USD...

Back