• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

LSI 9266-8i wants new firmware

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

HankB

And the firmware and related utilities on Broadcom's site continues to elude me. From this page (https://www.broadcom.com/support/kn...44/flashing-firmware-and-bios-on-lsi-sas-hbas) I believe I fall into row "6*".

There are two reasons I want to flash. First, if I issue a "secure erase" command to an SSD connected to this card, the card locks up and requires a power down to reset. Second, it won't send a TRIM command to a connected SSD. Third, I'd like to switch to IT firmware as I'm not using the RAID capabilities on the card.

At present the board is in an aging ASRock motherboard (i7-4770K processor, 4th gen?) or I can put it in a Supermicro motherboard that is old enough not to support EFI.

Any help figuring out how to get this done is most appreciated.

Thanks!

Edit: I found an old .DEB that I could install megaraid from and it is capable of flashing firmware. I haven't found IT firmware but I did succeed in going from 5.50 -> 5.46. :(

Last edited:
Back