• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

M. 2 SSD on Asus X99-AII

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pierre3400

annnnnnd it's gone
I am considering getting a 1tb M.2 ssd for my rig, not that my old samsung ssds are an issue, but yeah, less wires, and more space, plus only 1 disk.

I looked up support, but its oldish, and much has happend since the days of this motherboard being new.

I am looking at getting WD Blue 3D NAND SATA SSD WDS100T2B0B 1TB M.2 SATA-600

But yes, my concern is, will it work?

I am considering getting a 1tb M.2 ssd for my rig, not that my old samsung ssds are an issue, but yeah, less wires, and more space, plus only 1 disk.

I looked up support, but its oldish, and much has happend since the days of this motherboard being new.

I am looking at getting WD Blue 3D NAND SATA SSD WDS100T2B0B 1TB M.2 SATA-600

But yes, my concern is, will it work?

Yes, I looked at the ssd your wanting to get and looked in the PDF manual for your MB and it supports it.

Yes, I looked at the ssd your wanting to get and looked in the PDF manual for your MB and it supports it.
Actually, according to the manual, his board (X99-A II) only supports PCIe m.2 modules. The Western Digital he listed is SATA based m.2. He needs a PCIe based m.2 module.

1 x M.2 PCIe 3.0 x4 Socket 3 with M Key, type
2242/2260/2280/22110 (support PCIe storage device only)*
https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/X99-A-II/HelpDesk_Manual/

Last edited:
Back