• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

M-Audio 5.1 Revolution and Windows XP

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Route44

Guys, I'm shooting in the dark here and certainly could use advice from people who have far more knowledge than I do with sound cards. My rig is only four months old. I am trying to find out what is causing the infamous DRIVERS_IRQL_NOT_LESS_THAN_EQUAL blue screen of death. I've researched here and other places. At first I thought it might be my Kerio Firewall but from what I've read this STOP Error is a hardware driver issue. Did I read this corectly?

1. Logitech's mice were thought to be a cause particulary the MX series with the buttons that can move the internet pages forward or backwards. It seems there was a conflict between the driver and a Windows kernel. But I've downloded the latest driver.

2. I have the M-Audio 5.1 Revolution Sound Card. M-Audio is no longer releasing drivers for this card and though I have installed the latest driver it is two years old. I was wondering if there have been any issues between this sound card and Windows XP Professional with SP2? Someone told me that the drivers for this card and the nForce chipset conflicts but I can't find this information anywhere.

As I said I am shooting in the dark and I am not sure what I should do next. My video card has the very latest driver. Thanks for the help; advice most welcome.

Check the IRQ number of the revolution and see if it is the same as another pci card. when I first put my revo in it conflicted with my video card.

hanzalo said:
Check the IRQ number of the revolution and see if it is the same as another pci card. when I first put my revo in it conflicted with my video card.

hanzalo, my friend, you may have just answered my long term issue. I took your advice and both my video card and my sound card have listed IRQ 18. How do I go about rectifying this problem? Thanks!

Route44 said:
hanzalo, my friend, you may have just answered my long term issue. I took your advice and both my video card and my sound card have listed IRQ 18. How do I go about rectifying this problem? Thanks!
find the irq being used in the bios under one of the advance section and tell it to reserve the irq. This should split the vid to a new irq as well as a new one for he sound card. Other wise move the sound card to another slot this will do it too.

Evilsizer said:
find the irq being used in the bios under one of the advance section and tell it to reserve the irq. This should split the vid to a new irq as well as a new one for he sound card. Other wise move the sound card to another slot this will do it too.

Evilsizer, thanks. One more question. Anytime I have had conflicts of this sort the Device Manager would show a yellow exclamation indicating a problem. None were present. Any ideas why?

Route44 said:
Evilsizer, thanks. One more question. Anytime I have had conflicts of this sort the Device Manager would show a yellow exclamation indicating a problem. None were present. Any ideas why?
well irq sharing in not a problem unless the hardware does not work and windows with a the yellow tag will say its not working. a irq sharing is not a problem but hardware may not like it. windows will say "ya its working man" but when you playing your sound card is "HEY I DONT LIKE THIS". the tag im not sure on with out being able to sit down and look at it. i wouldnt say there was none for no reason other then what i said above.

Understand. In the beginning I was getting the BSOD often but it only occasionally happens now. The video card and audio card can work at the same time but it seems they do run into conflict from time to time.

hmm then im not to sure what is up unless the sound card is faulty.

Back