• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

M-Audio Revolution problem, please help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hanzalo

I just bought an M-audio revolution 5.1. it seemed like a good card, but sometimes the sound will completely stop. when i click on the m-audio console this comes up-
"An exception occured while trying to run 'Shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL revo.cpl'"
this has happened three times now in 3 days, and im sick of reinstalling the drivers. Does anyone know whats the problem?

i still have 21 days left on my newegg return policy thing, so i might just return the card if i cant stop it

hanzalo said:
I just bought an M-audio revolution 5.1. it seemed like a good card, but sometimes the sound will completely stop. when i click on the m-audio console this comes up-
"An exception occured while trying to run 'Shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL revo.cpl'"
this has happened three times now in 3 days, and im sick of reinstalling the drivers. Does anyone know whats the problem?

i still have 21 days left on my newegg return policy thing, so i might just return the card if i cant stop it
umm what about the rest of your system? if you comp is oced there is the chance the pci speed it not locked so when drivers load up they are getting corrupted. not sure what else would cause this as i have revo 7.1 and used it on 2 different oced rigs and it works great. They are solid card and can not be beat for the $$.

well i contacted m-audio adn the card is not compatable with stand by mode, which i used every night. so when i came out of stand by the card ddint work.

hanzalo said:
well i contacted m-audio adn the card is not compatable with stand by mode, which i used every night. so when i came out of stand by the card ddint work.
that was one thing you left out was "standy mode" alot of times i have found problems using it. I just turn off my rig from now on.

hanzalo said:

really I use standby all the time, and I don't have any issues

dicecca112 said:
really I use standby all the time, and I don't have any issues

yea i would have never thought that to be the problem, which is why i didnt mention it in my first post.
although now there is a new problem- getting programs to detect the line-in audio. I was going to record with Audacity, but it doesnt support ASIO. I downloaded Kristal (a free program that does support ASIO) and I stilll cant get it to work. The sound is coming through the speakers, but it wont record. Can anyone help me with this?

if you can hear sound, then just tell audacity to record from "wave" and it should work.

Spion said:
if you can hear sound, then just tell audacity to record from "wave" and it should work.
the options i have to choose from are record from mic monitor input, line monitor input, and cd/aux monitor input. none of them work. im pretty sure its becasue of the ASIO.

Back